Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARNING Scope might have a msn virus
Today Scope (Dark-Scope) tried to send me a couple of scr files. This is the convo.

Quote:Dark-Scope: ROFL!! you have to see this... wtf...
Gwarsbane: I don't accept scrs, they can have viruses in them
Dark-Scope: holy shit you have to see this... :|
Gwarsbane: I told you, I don't accept scr files. if you downloaded this off the net then you have a virus
Dark-Scope: you have to see this, it's amazing!
*** *******************@msn.com (Story Of the Year) has joined the conversation.
Dark-Scope: omg check this out, it's just wrong

After I told him the first time not to send me .scr files, he tried to send a second one. Again I told him not to send me .scr files. Then I got 2 more messages from him saying "I have to see this" and "check this out" but there was no files that tried to come.

So what ever you do DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY .scr files from Scope, I'm pretty sure his computer and msn are infected with a virus. If you download a zip rar file from him and there is an .scr in it don't run it just delete it.

If you get an exe from him, I would also suggest deleting it without running it.

Also another file type not to download is .pif
Seeing as how he just sent yet another file my way and its an scr I'm blocking him. He don't like it, tough. I don't want to keep getting annoying spam via msn thats trying to fill my system with viruses. I get enough of that in e-mail.
I am lucky that I use a IM-program not that popular. I never thought there is a virus that sends files and messages automatically for you...
the same thing happened to me yesterday from scope as Gwar said.....it looked very unfriendly so i didnt DL any of them and also was very repetitive so I didnt think it was scope anyway.
Linux power! B)

amsn.sourceforge.net
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
hahaa that is funny...
Nearly a month later, you didn't have to reply to this