Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outnumbered
Now, I had this idea. Myself and a bunch of people in Holdout's were screwing around, I was Mr. Anderson and I was playing "Mr. Smith," "Mr Smith," "Mr, Smith," "Agent Smith," and even at some point "Ms. Smith." It occured to me that I wish I could play several at the same time. I've been outnumbered before, 2v1, against relatively decent players via a bug, and I did pretty well. It seemed kind of fun to shoot at one, then hit the other, stuff like that. I want to play a match outnumbered, 2 or 3 vs 1. I'm guessing the only way to do this is a teamplay deal, similar to the 2vs2 map, which is still buggy. What I'd like is to just have normal arena, but I have to fight 2 guys. So maybe you'd have to make an arena3v1 or something like that? Make a demo, show the awesomeness of trying to take on two. I don't mind it so much, because actually there are just more targets, and often someone will get distracted by someone that is the same color as them. Could you just imagine... I decap cloud and turn in time to push rws into oblivion... oh yes...

Come on guys, get to work on this. Could get some fun demos out of this, see how people like rws, acid, ks, and so forth do when outnumbered.
go,go,go
That would be fun, but you'd want a challenging system in the actual arena (and arena offshoot) code. Something simple that would allow players to challenge eachother via a GUI, and accept/decline etc. Then fashion some kind of side selection so people end up on the side of a 2v1 they want. Polish it off with server-side cvars to control the number of opponents the one can face (gimme some points for subtlety there) and how many are on the outnumbered side.

Come to think of it, that's just setting the max players on teams (have more than one FFS [when you get it to work]) independantly, which is easy enough--if it works at all like I think it does. Just have a little change for this outnumbered gameplay so one team is always outnumbered (by another cvar [what?]).
Sorry G, Christmas isn't till December.:smurf:
*-=][_=-*
Well as Pique, Noxious, and I have worked on maps...it actually should not be too hard of a matter. You can basically decide how many teams there will be...and then you decide the spawn points and what team those spawns will belong to. So if we make 3 team 2 spawns...and 1 team 1...you'd have to be the first player there...and then have only 3 more join...and you could probably do it. Yeah it's make-shift but it gets the idea across...
you cant decide how many teams...only 2 teams max....and u decide what spawn point the team will be
yes I'm aware of that...that's why I said have 3 (team 2) spawn points...and 1 (team 1) point...
ok the second ne one needs a computer to render or something for this project i can do so. this will be so sweet but back to wha? was saying if you could make a way to pick teams that would be the best. so you dont get a noob vs. 2 or 3 pros cause the noob joined first. you could probably make a spot thats not in the game map like just our of the playing area so you cant get killed while deciding what team to join, also make it so you cant shoot there, and then you walk to a teleporter or something of the type that will send you to a team of your choice. thats the only way I can think of doing it unless you can change the source code for it some how but I cant see that being to easy.

I dunno im not a programmer or a mapper so I guess I might be, probably am, wrong about that. bah ne way you guys (just so you know when i say guys its not explicitly directed to the male units of this forum) seem to be good at what you do, N3RDS!!! lol sorry yeah you will be able to figure something out

P.S. I dont know if that made ne sense at all so if you want reply to this if you don’t understand and ill try to explain it better when im not so cracked out on adrenaline (I did another performance exam again tonight) oh and I also got a girlfriend so I have her on my mind too gah see… I should change my name to “master of the off topic”

Well im out c ya guys