Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank-you Thread
This was one of the XXX that I picked up on one morning when I scanned the logs and the guy was real adamant about "knowing" what was allowed in the game...I almost thought he was one of the developers...but he really didnt have a defense to g-boys probing so I guess not....more of a "because I said so answer"....wouldnt that be nice tho if one of the developers actually showed up to see how far you guys have taken this little mod...I bet they had no idea really how much you could do on the maps
They were the ones who added the air control remember....
i agree...if i wrote this game (or had anything to do w/ the game's creation) i would be hanging out w/ this small community...and getting to know the people who enjoy the product of my labor. it's a shame to me we havn't seen that yet...and at this point, probably won't. seems to me ricochet wasn't made for the love of the game or idea but just so someone could say they made a mod.

i wonder if gooseman keeps tabs on the cs community....getting to know how good some of the more experienced players are getting and how he can make an even more enjoyable product for his fans...i dunno. i do know it's great when you can share your work and vision w/ others. why don't they feel the same way?...:(

as for game rules, the server administration makes the rules in my opinion...do you think valve invisioned (or is it envisioned) wha?, anon and the rest of the CAKE crew playing "AFK ball"? we own the game, we can do whatever we want to w/ it. if some servers only want clients to play on certain pads or not shoot over the barrier, that's their choice.

here's my plea...will the developers of this mod please step forward and introduce themselves? we spend a lot of time we could be doing something else playing this game...and that should speak volumes.
I'm really a 35-year-old man that scripted this mod alone, in my basement:(

What NOW?!
I doubt the mysterious author(s) has(have) forgotten about this. It came out twice and that means somebody at valve cares. I say email valve and tell them to forward a thank you to the people responsible for this.
Ok .asm suggested it so I split the topic
I will give it through the weekend and then send it on to Valve so they can pass it along to the developers.
This is a Thank-you thread...we can create a 'suggestion' thread at some other date.

I obviously enjoy the game (I rent three servers that are for Ricochet) I love the skills that I have picked up from some of the regulars and the way most players are eager to help others learn. It may be a 'small mod' to some but it is the "one that CS comes free with to me" :D
Thanks guys, been a great year of ricochet for me.
GRITS look thru the forums...I already created a suggestion one...so you could use that too...
Dear Makers of Ricochet,

I would like to first say great job on making such a fine mod, though somewhat buggy at times, we've still managed to grow a community full of love and respect...kinda like a good meal...we've got a few nuts in there, but overall it's been great. The game is so damn cool, simple, and just plain fun. It's so easy to think that the game is beneath you, but we've discovered so many cool thing and totally turned this game into serious competition. Maps have grown abundantly, each one having their own special mark on the world of rico and allowing certain players to go wild with their insane ideas. I just hope that you guys can add a helping hand as we already have a few people on the case of fixing the bugs. Thanks for all your effort and know that it was most definitely not in vain and please, by all means, drop by and have a game with us sometime...

CloudFuel
sorry to be a cynic here but you guys make these threads and all, but are you assuming that the developer while randomly typing in website names gets this forum and procedes to read every little thread? OR are you planning on sending this to someone. Cause we never sent the last one full of bugs....
You are a smart one pG....yes we are gonna send it to them and thus why we want good comments and thanks on here...:thumb:
I am mailing this sucker and then I tend to be a squeaky wheel until I get some kind of answer from them....even if it is to tell me to stop bothering them:D
so stop being a cynic and leave a thank you...they need to know girls play this mod too
Hello valve and thanks for making Ricochet, it is the only mod you make that I can play with any skill, I was hooked the day the patch came out and havent stopped playing sence, and the rico community is awesome, everyone is much nicer to you then any other online game i have ever played, we promote your product on a daily basis, and to that extent I believe GRITS has helped keep it alive,we do have a lot of people trying to work the bugs out but if you could lend a hand on how to cure some of them it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again
Fritoman