Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help plz
bite me but Steam just doesn't work for me:( tell me what u did to install Ricochet, step by step.... cuz to me its just not working and i want to play it on steam too :unsure:
When you say Steam is not working can you elaborate? Is it giving you some kind of error message or what?
[Image: b_560x95.png]
May be your system specifications.

IMO they should've kept the WON system for people that bought HL at the time it was released (when computers weren't so super).
i went to fileplanet and did the full install, but when it asked if I wanted to clean up old files of half-life I said no and just copied them.
I'm trying to create an account, and I'm at the part where it gives me this: Skipping conversion of Base Goldsrc Shared Binaries, since a steam cache for it already exists.
Skipping conversion of Half-Life, since a steam cache for it already exists.
Converting Base Goldsrc Shared Content Localized files into steam cache...

But the problem is, I've been waiting for it to so something for like half an hour now, and I'm not sure if I should just quit, or not. Probably by the time someone replies to this, I'll already have the answer.
_Acid_Head_,Sep 28 2003, 06:19 PM Wrote:IMO they should've kept the WON system for people that bought HL at the time it was released (when computers weren't so super).
if they had done that, then no one would have converted cause they would have all known how much steam sucked
i ment Steam counter strike (which it was include in special install), only cs working.....

Team Fortress Classic and Ricochet (which i downloaded with steam) doesn't work
i just dunno why
shalk any 3rd party games that didnt install with steam installation you have to install in the folder that has your email address in the name and it will showup, not sure if this is what you are asking but if it is, try it and it should work for you.
i did installed it to there....... (i did auto download so it did it on his own)
I just have a question
bite me?
is that slang for 'it might be me?"
just made me smile so I was wondering...if not then who were you addressing it to?
bite me mean i dont have a clue anymore so im asking u :P
I downloaded the full installer for steam at fileplanet.com. The only difference between what I did and what jabba did is that I said yes to back up old files, rather than copy it all myself.
I used the full installer (720+ MB) because the <1 MB one was crap and wanted to download everything VERY slowly.