Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more reason I want HL2 cheap
Found this over on the steam forums, it was posted by a mod of their forums in response to someone saying that he wants to sell the game to get rid of it. ( original thread here ) I think Valve has gone a little wacko with this. In their EULA (End user licence agreement), the thing you have to agree to before you install steam or anything that gets installed for steam (as in games) it says this...

Quote:Your Account and Subscription(s) are subject to the Agreement. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise share or transfer your Account.

Which can be found in here http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area...riber_agreement

Ummm last I heard if I don't like a game I am allowed to sell it.

Realisticly you can sell it and no one will really know the difference, except for Valve because your IP will be totally different from what you had before.

If its a private sale then go for it.

If its a public sale, sell a piece of scrap paper with doodles on it and give HL2 with steam account away with it. then Valve and any court that they might try to drag you into can't say squat.
agreeing to any form of contract would be a civil matter. The worst valve could do is take you too small claims court and make you pay 50 - 60 bucks. The odds of them pursuing you legally like that over very little money is not likely.
Actually if you break their EULA they can sue you for upto 10,000 or so.

but again sell a piece of paper with a doodle on it and give HL2 away with the account and stuff with it for free. That gets around not being allowed to sell it.:)
Are you sure about the 10,000 bucks? If it says that in their EULA it is most likely american law.
Really digging deep now Gwar to complain about HL2 aren't you.:rolleyes:
[Image: b_560x95.png]