Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
footsteps for steam rico
Its simple enough. Just create or make an autoexec.cfg in steam/steamapps/youremail/ricochet and add mp_footsteps 1. Now you will be able to hear your footsteps.

I think i will let asm fix the rest of the bugs :lol:
does footsteps include the jumping sound?
good question

also, i wonder if the server can do it automatically for the clients.
Yes, a server could automatically issue client commands. In fact, you just gave me an idea for my plugin I started writing for GRITS.. I'll add that functionality into it.:)
I just cant belive it worked. I thought it might but it would be incredibly flukey. I think if someone gets an audio file of the jump sound, we (as in you programmers) could get it to play on the trigger jump command on the map (or something).
are we sure that the jump sound isn't just turned off like the footsteps?
Id have to find the command for the jump sound, but i could look.
There is no command for the jump sound. That would occur at all times. The difference with footsteps is to make it harder to know where people are by removing the sounds when you run. Those are consistent and constant sounds whilst you are running.
Well I dont think footsteps are as important in rico as they are for shooters like cs. I could care less about sound in rico, but some people do, so I just thought they would enjoy this little cheesy fix.
Well, that's weird really coz it's not exactly a fix, since I believe the default is to have it on. If you set up your own server you can turn it off, but it's server based not client based as far as I recall. :-D
Well if all the servers had it off, for steam then something must be up.

Umm, i have noticed in the liblist.gam for steam rico
Quote:// Team Fortress Classes Game .dll Listing File
Theoretically that shouldnt affect it because it says game "ricochet" right afterwards but it might be a potential problem.

When i was testing something out for grits in the server i noticed that in the console it was asking for a bunch of TFC sprites (error loading tfc sprite ect). That might have something to do with it as well.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Feb 27 2004, 10:19 PM] Well if all the servers had it off, for steam then something must be up.

Umm, i have noticed in the liblist.gam for steam rico
Quote:// Team Fortress Classes Game .dll Listing File
Theoretically that shouldnt affect it because it says game "ricochet" right afterwards but it might be a potential problem.

When i was testing something out for grits in the server i noticed that in the console it was asking for a bunch of TFC sprites (error loading tfc sprite ect). That might have something to do with it as well.
That won't affect anything. If you see # or // at the start of a line it's a comment and is ignored.