Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Calculation for pr0clan server stats
CloudFuel asked me last night how the Skill number was calculated for our stats on pr0clan Linux Ricochet server.
Here is what I dug up Cloud:

Simply put: Skill points are given for each kill you get. You receive more points for killing somone that has a higher skill point value than you do. Weapons do not alter points at all. And players receive bonuses for doing things such as bombing targets and saving hostages.

Some websites that use PsychoStats show this as a formula:
K = K + ((V / K) * 10)
(K = killer skill; V = victim skill)

The above formula is totally wrong. This was only used up to version v1.3. v1.4 and above have used a formula called The ELO Method. This method of skill calculation takes into account the skill of the killer and victim as described above, but it takes a closer more detailed look.

A player begins with a skill of 1000 by default (your stats.cfg can change this). When someone gets killed, the killer and the victim will have their skill rating adjusted. This adjustment depends on two things: the delta (difficulty of the kill) based upon the rankings, and the development coefficient, based upon the amount of kills each person has.

The delta is expressed in this formula:
Delta = 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 + 10(k-v)/1000

The next step in the equation is to find the development coefficient. This number determines how many points you can at most gain or lose when you die. This coefficient uses a much simpler formula. Everyone's coefficient is initially at 20. After 100 kills, it drops to 15.

The killer's rating will increase by the difficulty rating multiplied by his development coefficient. Conversely, the victim's rating will decrease by the difficulty rating times his experience coefficient. Thus, the complete formula is:
New Skill = Skill ± K

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 + 10(k-v)/1000

Also, any award shown in the stats listing can be setup by the admin to give bonus points to players. Like having the highest K:D ratio, etc. These extra bonuses are only applied after all the logs are scanned and are flat bonuses.
damn PIX I didnt need to start a new post today if I had of known you had this going on :blsh:
Put that stats stuff on Holdout's:(

It kicks ass. Lol, I barely ever play at pr0. and I'm rank #9
That is an evil_admin project you guys will have to approach him with the request....
are you listening evil???? what can we do to encourage you?? first born children? golden apples?
GRITS' undying gratitude? :kiss:a couple of beers??:toast:
I looked into PsychoStats but if I recall correctly, the web portion needs to be on the same server as the logs.

I am looking at stats programs where the logs can be on the game server and update the mySQL database on a separate web server.

I can modify the calculation and presentation side to whatever we want once I
get over the data import issue.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

OMG evil gets a :kiss:for doing nothing!

Evil!!:bgf:

<3 GRITS :wub:

Jooza
[*RiP*]:thumb:
[Image: chicken+copy.jpg]
OMG Jooza...are those testicles beside GRITS' name???????:o
ROFL, at first I also thought that "<3" was symbolizing a small penis and testicles, then I realized it's actually a heart.
Your mind is in the gutter, son. :P

:wub:GRITS

Jooza
[*RiP*]:thumb:
[Image: chicken+copy.jpg]
OMG!!!! I'm 6th! WOOT!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pssh... I was ranked #1 for a little while before he shut the server down...
a b
Yeah talk to evil_admin he is working on stats for ricochet...I am sure he would appreciate the info
You can learn PERL in like 5 days =/
I will be generating a post soon to list the ideas I have for the stats program. Initially, I like the idea that PsychoStats is using but I also think there should be a difference in "awarded" kills between push discs and decaps. There is also the points awarded due to bounces that need to decided.

I want to get the program going so players can see it and then work to adjust it as needed.

I will try to get the post up this weekend. I will probably put it in the Programming section.

:ghost:
or anyone else from uT...:P
a b