Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HL2 Gold date August, well maybe
In an interview with homelanfed it is mentioned that Half-Life 2 might go gold in August. For those that don't know, going gold means the game is finished and ready for shipping. Its sent out to where they make copies of the CD and print up all the boxes and other stuff for it.

Here is where the inview is...

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=24085

and here is the part of the interview where it talks about going gold...

Quote:HomeLAN - Finally, we have to ask; how is Half-Life 2 coming along?

Gabe Newell - Good. It's in great shape. We anticipate delivering it to Vivendi in August.

I know Valves trackrecord on stuff like this so i'm just gonna sit back and wait to see what happens. It might or it might not go gold. Even if it does, it don't mean the game will be released soon after, look at what happened before.
I know razor9's is on order and it says ship date 8/26/04 I think
hmm.... I remember..... being in 6th grade and it coming out the following september... then in 7th grade... september... erp :X
Brace yourself for another break in at the last possible moment:D
don't jynx it Net :lol:
SoulEvan,Jun 20 2004, 01:56 AM Wrote:don't jynx it Net :lol:
Ah, but don't you see I need to so that I can find someone to sponser me for a new PC:D
I thought "gold" was a sales milestone, so many million copies or something.
Yes and no, this is what confuses most people.

When a game is about to go gold (before its release) that means its being sent for production of the CDs that will be in the Stores.

There is a gold version of games that have sold so many or are basically being brought back out for a limited time because they think they can make money off of them again.
The term gold is used in production of software to represent the final burnt disc that is used as a master to all other copies. Thus the 'gold' disc is the final release and what you'd get in stores across the world etc.
There is also platinum, which means 1 million albums sold for one particular album.
:offtopic:
I really hope that they make this realease date. They have delayed it a year (at least) and they've realsed some videos and showed it off at E3. I'm optimistic but I wont put my heart out there, i refuse to be hurt again :angry: Oh i could never stay mad at valve :wub:

I think I'll wait to get my hopes up untill I hear from my friend that works at EB games that they've delivered it to them.