Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the current best Ricochet player?
I've played on 56k... yes... ping does matter in a certain sense. It's not really choppy or anything, but everything is just a little off on timing. First of all, you see a disc, you avoid it, then all of the sudden you're dead and transported back to the spot you just left. Second, when you fire a disc, it leaves just a little bit late. Really hard to get the over the barrier shots timed, and even if you do, occasionally they go through your opponent. Yes, distance or 56k or both is a disadvantage... but I think people don't like it when people with high pings talk about it too much, like an excuse. I'm sorry if you're at a disadvantage, but the HPB and LPB thing gets annoying. And if you have 300-400 ping, it's hard on your opponent too, because discs go through you a lot, whether you're choppy or not, it just happens. That could explain why you get people firing a lot of push discs at you as well, because one shot decaps often phase right through you. Your response may be that you've been decapped a lot, and I have no doubt, but some may have less patience than others.

Messages In This Thread
Who is the current best Ricochet player? - by Guest - 02-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Who is the current best Ricochet player? - by Guest - 02-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Who is the current best Ricochet player? - by g-boy - 03-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Who is the current best Ricochet player? - by Guest - 03-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Who is the current best Ricochet player? - by Guest - 10-06-2003, 02:08 PM