Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprays in rc_arena
My turn to add a reply but I am closing this thread because it is getting out of hand quickly.
I have been talking to SS all morning clearing up any misunderstandings regarding why he was banned and how I feel about spray spamming.
We have come to an understanding on both accounts.
I enjoy sprays, it shows individuality, I am not sure if too many lag the server or not..I have never received a documented answer from anyone. I do not think anyone should over do the sprays. I still dont know where all the arrows are and if I cant see them I know new players will find it difficult to play.
What SS was banned for was ignoring an admin who asked him twice if he would stop and for disrupting the flow of the game by aggravating at least 3 players.... more like 5 probably. poor sportmanship plain and simple and I just wont have it on the server if I can help it.
I banned him to get his attention on how important this matter was and that it did make a difference to me.....seems he didnt think I would care.<_<
Well it did get his attention and this morning we went over the logs together....he may have been a PITA but one other player in particular was way more offensive in my opinion. I would have gagged or kicked them both.
FYI I will always defend my admins decision...I trust your opinion or you wouldnt be admin...I am just saying what I would have done to them. Other than the "it's not my problem" comment SS did not say much.
g-boy handled it the way I appreciate a player handling a problem...he asked SS to stop a couple times, and then told me about it. He never lost control although it is evident he was fuming. I agree with g-boy I should not have to miss out on others sprays so that I dont have to be overwhelmed by one persons spray. I am looking into limiting the amount of times a person can spray. I will post if and when I can get it to work. Until then more than 3 sprays is spamming just like chat spamming....my rule for now start a poll if you want me to change it or a thread if you want to discuss it but that is the rule I am giving to my admins to enforce....if you see two warn if you see four....it's you're call

bottom line I am unbanning SS with the agreement that he will pay attention to admins and refrain from spraying his tag so much especially when he is asked to stop.

To all of the players and admins I heard from this morning.....Thanks for keeping me informed with the happenings on the servers I can not always be there but I always care about whether or not people are happy and 'playing nicely':thumb:

Messages In This Thread
Sprays in rc_arena - by g-boy - 08-19-2003, 12:39 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by Guest - 08-19-2003, 02:43 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by kermit - 08-19-2003, 03:58 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by GRITS - 08-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by Shalk - 08-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by soulsolution - 08-19-2003, 10:58 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by Guest - 08-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by soulsolution - 08-19-2003, 11:14 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by soulsolution - 08-19-2003, 11:26 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by Guest - 08-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Sprays in rc_arena - by soulsolution - 08-19-2003, 11:40 AM