Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E"
I had a fight with this thing last night for over 3 and a half hours.

I had a large post done up but windows decided to be fussy and not letting me post it and stupid me didn't write it to a text file like I normally do when I make large posts.

Any here is some info in what you need to know...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...2.randex.e.html

I fought for hours to remover the win32sockdrv.dll file. It wouldn't let me till I closed down the program that was running the dll which was "mwsoemon.exe" I shut that down and did a bunch of editing to the reg and deleted a few other dlls that I didn't wany because they had to do with "mwsoemon.exe" and cleared out a few other things that had to do with files that autoinstall on your system without asking (flips the bird at microsoft for not feeling garbage like that and for not having more info for the files running in task manager or msconfig)

Anyway as you can tell I was not pleased at all last night. The virus came in on one of those programs that don't tell you that they are installing themselves from some webpage that a friend sent you to.

I'm not the type of people that falls for viruses often. I scan EVERYTHING that comes onto my system that I download. Before I install anything I always scan it for viruses and stuff.

Also something I found that you might find interesting...

Win-XP Search Assistant silently downloads files
http://theregister.co.uk/content/archive/24815.html

Its from 2002 but I didn't know about it till now. Good thing I don't use the wondows search to look for stuff, only google.

Messages In This Thread
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Gwarsbane - 10-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-22-2003, 02:53 PM