Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E"
The XP firewall is disabled, has been from the start. I had problems with all those firewalls on 98, 2000 and XP.

As to why I haven't had more viruses, well thats because like I said, I scan EVERY file that I download, no matter what it is. I also don't use outlook express which is basically how most viruses get onto computers today.

I also use anti-trojan software and anti-spyware software but as you can see it don't always find the stuff its suppose to.

Don't get me wrong, firewalls are great things, if they work right, but so far I have never been able to get one to work right and I'm pretty computer smart. Even my own friends, who have software firewalls up and running perfectly and a couple of which have 2 or 3 firewalls running at once, (one of which runs a computer company that does programming and stuff) haven't been able to get software firewalls to work on any of my systems.

But when I go to places like https://www.grc.com they all say my systems are very secure. grc.com is basically the first place that I get recomended to when dealing with security to my computer. The shields up testing is great.

Messages In This Thread
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Gwarsbane - 10-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Virus alert "W32.Randex.E" - by Guest - 10-22-2003, 02:53 PM