Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
offline play
i have a question about the newly added 'offline play' feature of steam. at first, i thought it meant that i could play a single-player mod without 'connecting' to a server (i'm not sure if it actually puts the game online or not for whatever reason but it goes throught the motions anyway) but this is still an issue that came up when i was playing 'they hunger' tonight...as a matter of fact, this was worse as it 'conected' to a server every time i died in the game.

then i thought 'offline play' meant it added native bot support for valve mods...but i loaded up hldm and there was no option for adding bots.

i'm still going with my first theory of what 'offline play' means cause of the strange doings tonight with the progress bar and what not. so, how do i play my sp mods offline if this is true? i don't see an intuitive way to do it.

anyways, i would appreciate it if someone would fill me in on what 'offline play' actually means regarding steam and how to exploit it. i tried getting info from the steampowered forums but they were down cause there were too many users.

if this crap keeps up, i'm moving my sp mods back to my sierra folder. i figure since they don't depend on won, then it doesn't matter as to whether won is up or down or whatever. anyways, please help because i'm one of those rare souls who likes sp mods even more than mp mods (except for sven co-op...of course^_^).

Messages In This Thread
offline play - by kermit - 03-04-2004, 06:37 AM
offline play - by Gwarsbane - 03-04-2004, 10:12 AM
offline play - by kermit - 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM
offline play - by _Acid_Head_ - 03-04-2004, 04:44 PM
offline play - by Guest - 03-07-2004, 08:48 PM