Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another reason to stay away from Intel chips
Quick you don't understand the problems with DRM, its not going to stop pirates. Its just going to stop the average person.

I suggest you read everything that we are talking about over on the Mektek forums. I would post what I said but it would be out of context with everything others have said.

http://www.mektek.net/forums/index.php?act...=1&t=40002&st=0

Basically its the fact that they are trying to tell you what to do with something that you bought. Would you like it if you bought a CD and could only play it on a single stereo?

What if you bought a game and could only play it on your current computer but wanted to put it on a laptop to take the game with you to play when you are away on vacation.

What if you made a song, on the DRM enabled machine, and it only allowed you to play that song on your machine even though you made the song and want others to have it for free.

What if you made a video and the same thing as above happened. You have kids one day and want to send a copy of their first steps to their grandmother, but when she gets them it says she has an illegal copy and won't play it.

Or you buy a game/program and for some odd reason the DRM kicks in and says you have an illgal copy of the program and locks you out of playing it.

Or there is a glitch that causes all of your legal software to be seen as illegal.

There are lots of problems with DRM enabled stuff.

Messages In This Thread
Another reason to stay away from Intel chips - by Gwarsbane - 05-27-2005, 02:32 PM