Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your story?
I dont even know where to begin....Lets just say im starting with HL since ive been playing video games my whole life (from atari, to sega, to dr.halo and commander keen, to secret agent sam, to hundreds of other stupid games, to who knows what else.) *cracks knuckles* ok...

7th grade- I first saw HL (TFC actaully) being played by my friend, so after i got my new comp(8th grade) i borrowed his HL and got started up TFC with 56k. Played HL single player (with cheats on of course) and i was always looking for cool little tricks you could do in tfc. Like the living dead trick, or the sentry gun in the resupply area, then switch teams, or just anything that was how you weren't supposed to play the game. Eventually that led into mapping. i tried to make my first map in tfc. How horrible that was, i had no clue what i was doing. Then i switched over to CS, with the 6.0 patch i believe. Played it a lot, eventually got a hacker pack which included all the known hacks to date (spike models, lambert, etc, etc.) And when 6.5 came out that fixed all of it. I tried messin with it a little bit, eventually i just gave up since i didn't know too much about HL at the time and how things work. I could edit model skins and such but nothing to grave (actaully those spike models taught me probably all i know about models.) Eventually i found a new hack which was a map-hack. LOVED IT. you could load your own custom maps client side and play on servers. So i could have missing walls and see through them and you would just see a wall. Thing is though, the hacker wasn't a very good mapper. But he told people how to hack maps, i did that and figured out how to decompile maps and i made my own hacked maps. that got me even more into mapping. I was always looking for different mods. By now ive played every single single-player mod there is to date that i know of (and i mean every single one, even the crappy 3 map ones.)

Eventually they patched that hack and i went looking for another mod or something. Found FLF (Frontline Force) and got addicted to that. Joined a clan for it (9th grade) and with that clan i went from FLF to Firearms, to sven coop, to who knows wtf else...d2, RTCW Tons of games with that clan. HCC Hardcore Cessation. Played that for a while, back and forth from tfc, cs , to flf. I dont really remember too much of the order, since i was really all over the place.. Ive never played 1 game straight for over a week. I made a map for FLF called flf_hell...and if you cant tell it was based in hell. Eventually i found ricochet after it was released with the CS patch. Ironically i had seen it before and said, no i dont want to play another mod, that just looks dumb. Then i read the review of it on planet halflife and decided to try it. The Duelling feel of arena got me instantly hooked. I hated the deathmatch, thought it was boring after 5 minutes.

And thus, being the ass that i am, saw how easy it was to exploit this small game. I joined a clan called [RECTUM] and we were just that...asses. We exploited the floater bug constantly, i had an alias that would pause/unpause the game for 3 minutes straight, and i couldn't stop it without exiting. And when people said we just sucked at the game i would own them and they would just shutup or leave. Eventaully i got over my little power trip and stopped doing that. We were testing out maps (not sure who "we" is) and eventually it changed to crossfire. It crashed as soon as the disc tried to return since there was no sprite precached. I remember my old map hacking days and decided to turn it into a ricochet map. Eventually i join the pr0. clan....no wait...2A. was before that but i remember 2A while editing crossfire. 2A. fell apart before it got off the ground and i joined pr0 after the constant bickering of newbie. Not sure too much of afterthat. Eventually i made crossfire_r and stalkyard...or rather edited them. made 2v2 eventually after finding that rc_teamdeathmatch 4v4 map that lagged so horribly.

Um....oh yea...back when i started playing i remember playing games of PIG to learn the fancy jumps. Thats how i learned mine. I still consider myself the best back then even against highlander or gemakk or jariel. We just couldn't get a server that was good pings for use both. But hell, i consider myself the best now and i get owned constantly by vash and acid and other people. It was all in the jumping decaps...when no one knew those yet it was pretty easy to win.

I eventually made those practice maps for arena and i think deathmatch, maybe wha? made that one for dm. Um i was sick and tired of not being able to make a decent arena map so i put together rc_aimless in less that 10 minutes...which shows its quality. Um....not sure what else i can put here...i know im forgetting something about my RC days. Oh yea...the chick picture, RiP clan, and something else to i cant put my tongue on.

Blah so basically ive been playing HL since i was in 8th grade (i just got back from what would have been my freshman year at college.) so from 13-18...5 years and what do i have to show for it? Well i can edit almost every damn thing possible there is to edit in HL, i know almost every command and what it does in HL, i can do almost anything i want with HL, and what has that done for me? Nothing but waste 5 years of my life...yay.

Messages In This Thread
What's your story? - by Miagi - 06-18-2005, 10:52 PM
What's your story? - by Guest - 06-18-2005, 11:41 PM
What's your story? - by =Scope= - 06-19-2005, 02:48 PM
What's your story? - by Squish - 06-19-2005, 02:52 PM
What's your story? - by fritoman - 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM
What's your story? - by Gragoon - 06-19-2005, 05:14 PM
What's your story? - by Coldmetal - 06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
What's your story? - by g-boy - 06-19-2005, 06:36 PM
What's your story? - by _Acid_Head_ - 06-19-2005, 08:27 PM
What's your story? - by GRITS - 06-19-2005, 08:47 PM
What's your story? - by Quickening - 06-19-2005, 09:14 PM