Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why was i banend again? :(
Maybe he was trying so say, "happy mother's day"? Heh, probably not.

Though seriously, I do not want to overreact, but this log reminds me of a similar log taken not too long ago of an irc chat
where some teen overdosed. He was doing drugs on his webcam and the people in the chatroom were encouraging him to
do more and finally he just collapsed. Some of the kids laughed, others tried to contact him ... his mom was at home,
but didn't have a clue what was going on until it was too late. Very sad.

I am not implying that people were doing the same thing in this case, but I couldn't help but form a relation between the two.
Acid, I don't know if you were even close to that point, but I don't think you should fault gwars (or anyone) for showing some concern
here. Clearly, you were not in control during this situation, so there exists a very good chance that you could cross a certain line, either
through breaking the server rules or harming yourself (you seemed to be proudly stating how much you had done and were going to do).
Maybe this mediocre mod was encouraging him to do more. Also, I could be wrong, but from the logs it looks like you could barely stay on the pads ... you were in no condition to play. If someone was constantly falling intentionally like that, then I would kick their ass off in a second, drunk or not.

I agree that this community isn't responsible for solving everyones problems, but it is impossible to put aside some concern. I mean
many of you are online friends right ... people care, it's hard not to. You can't just look away. Who knows, maybe something you say
is different, it clicks and really gets through to a person. I see people post on message boards all the time saying that they want to commit suicide, and then a bunch of people in the community rally together to talk him/her out of it. Then they come back and say "thanks, I'll be ok." The person could be totally bullshitting, but is it really worth the risk, especially when so little effort is involved on our part?

Acid, I'm sure you don't like your use of drugs being in the spotlight like this, maybe it is embarassing. But it will probably happen again if that night repeats itself. If you insult an admin, then obviously you're asking for it. Most CS servers I've played on would reply with a perma ban,
and you would be forced to beg to come back. You're a good guy, I know, but we've all seen first hand how good guys all of a sudden can become bad guys (GRITS' carebear rules have me at a loss for words:P ) when they overdo the drugs. I don't know what else to say, but I would read those logs carefully if I were you and then decide if doing that extra amount of drugs is worth it or not.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."

Messages In This Thread
why was i banend again? :( - by _Acid_Head_ - 05-12-2003, 01:35 AM
why was i banend again? :( - by g-boy - 05-12-2003, 10:48 AM
why was i banend again? :( - by Gwarsbane - 05-12-2003, 11:12 AM
why was i banend again? :( - by Beastie - 05-12-2003, 11:36 AM
why was i banend again? :( - by GRITS - 05-12-2003, 11:49 AM
why was i banend again? :( - by kermit - 05-12-2003, 12:34 PM
why was i banend again? :( - by jabbahunt - 05-12-2003, 01:04 PM
why was i banend again? :( - by Gwarsbane - 05-12-2003, 03:37 PM
why was i banend again? :( - by GRITS - 05-12-2003, 04:57 PM