Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2006 News and Games Thread
Gamespot has had a few updates today on games along with news. On that E3 link I gave out in my first post go down the right side of the page. You will see a box that says "Recent E3 2006 Updates" that has some good stuff in it movies amd news wise.

One big news piece is of the new Time magazine coming out that unveils some stuff about Nintendo new consoles functionality. Here is a part of the article from Gamespot:

"Today, though, some of Nintendo's press-conference thunder was stolen when the first copies of Time arrived on newsstands. The May 15 issue of the magazine has a lengthy article on the Wii, titled "A Game For All Ages," by technology correspondent Lev Grossman.

Grossman traveled to Nintendo's headquarters in Kyoto, Japan, and was shown the Wii by legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. The reporter was especially impressed with the Wii's controller. "It's part laser pointer and part motion sensor, so it knows where you're aiming it, when and how fast you move it and how far it is from the TV screen," he said. "There's a strong whiff of voodoo about it."

More importantly for Nintendo fans, the Time article revealed several key pieces of information about Wii games. First, Grossman described using the Wii playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. "Now I'm Errol Flynn, sword fighting with the controller, then aiming a bow and arrow, then using it as a fishing rod, reeling in a stubborn virtual fish," he said. While Nintendo confirmed the much-anticipated GameCube title would have some Wii functionality, this is the first official description of what said functionality is."

Also gameplay movies of the newest Mortal Kombat for all you fighting game fans. This latest one is going to be the last on current generation consoles. It will close up the story and will include all of the characters from every previos MK game. That is over 60 according to the game's creator. It will also include a create a character mode aswell as a create a fatality for your character. These 4 movies don't really show alot of the game. They are more of a tease if anything. I'm sure alot more movies will be shown during the week that include some better fighting action.

Again all of these movies are free to stream or download. If you want the higher quality versions of anything during this coming week let me know and I can get them for you.
[Image: b_560x95.png]

Messages In This Thread
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Power and Glory - 05-07-2006, 10:50 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Quickening - 05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Ichigo - 05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM