Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She
In that moment he recognized his own personal Hell. She was gone, forever. Oh how that word burned across his mind... forever. That was his favorite word, but no longer. Instead of describing millenia of bliss it is a measurement of his solitude. "Alone forever? How can I even survive?" If only there were another option. Oh how wonderful it must be to feel the effects of time: to grow, to age, to wither away into tiny little bits... If only he could live like them. They sleep. Some for longer than others, some fight it with chemicals, some chase it, but they all sleep. He didn't know it to be fact, but had heard some of them only half-slept... which was half more than he was capable of. "I envy the lowest of them, how I have fallen."

She would have been able to do something. He knew she had more power than he did, and could control things he couldn't even see. He didn't know exactly what she would (or could) do in this situation, but she wouldn't just sit there pining away for a lost love. With unlimited time, limited resources, and nothing else planned for the next few thousand years, he started his new hobby: telling everyone he could why he was unhappy.

"Chip, can you look at my computer for me?"
"Whadja do this time?"
"Nothing, I swear! I was updating a report on the Hive Restoration project and this just filled the screen."

"It just happened to mine." "Mine too." "Over here too... looks like we got a nasty bug! Who's been messing around online?" "Ummm... I just sent an email to UC headquarters. They're security is tighter than ours, right?"

[Image: bk.jpg]
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane

Messages In This Thread
She - by craash420 - 03-26-2004, 01:13 AM
She - by jabbahunt - 03-26-2004, 06:51 AM
She - by fritoman - 03-26-2004, 09:17 AM
She - by [CAKE]anonymity - 03-26-2004, 11:02 AM
She - by craash420 - 03-26-2004, 07:31 PM