Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Rules
Kickable and Banable Offenses
I am going to post some of the rules and my decisions for putting them in place so that you guys have a better understanding of the whys…it may help you abide by them since I know I always hated the “because I said so” answer when I got it from my mom.
So this is the first installment. I intend to eventually cover all the rules in this thread. Bottom line I want the server to be a “nice” place to play.

My number one rule is:

Bigots and racists get permanently banned.

Do not come in with a name that changes to Malcontent because of the racial or bigoted terms used in it. I don't give second chances to people with those kinds of dispositions...don't want them on our servers...don't need them on our servers. I know most people know what a ‘racial slur’ is, but not everyone understands the term bigot. Bigots use terms that show prejudice or intolerance against any group of people. This is why the terms ‘######’ and ‘b itch’ are on my language filter. When those two words stop being used as insults then I will allow them on my servers. I have let some people slide when they first use a bigoted word because I assume they don’t realize the real connotation. Because, as one player mentioned in game the other day the meaning of some words have changed throughout the ages. “######” being the most obvious, it has gone from meaning happy to being used to taunt. Like I said, most people know which words are racist and they get no second chance. I don’t even wait to see if another admin is going to kick or ban a player that comes in with a racist name or spouts any racial slurs…I actually race the other Admins to see who can get him/her banned fastest. Someone that comes in with that kind of attitude is looking for confrontation and is going to disrupt everyone else’s fun.

This is a great place to lead into the language filter and bypassing it.
I am not about to post the list of words on the language filter but when I look at it I wonder if any of you can really defend the use of any of those words in game play. I know that it is a strategy of some to antagonize the opponent. I have seen some players who play better when they get mad and others who lose their ‘game’ when they get that angry. And the words used are usually to attack a player. It is poor sportsmanship…plain and simple. You will notice that I left in words like shit, damn and after some persuasion even suck. These words can be used to address emotions without verbally attacking the opponent. And I did warn everyone that when suck changes from a descriptive for a bad game into a verb you will be gagged.
When you bypass the filter with creative spellings…you are being impertinent and still using words that are on the language filter thereby breaking that rule. I don’t care what words you use in the privacy of your own home…I know I wouldn’t want any of you to actually hear some of the things I say when I am playing…but if I take the time to type them out or even worse…key bind them….then they are not being released as emotional outcries.
The jury is still out on wtf and I don’t like stfu but I will have to get input from my Admins on acronyms. Thus far I have just ignored them because only stfu seems to incite people to respond.
to be continued.......

Messages In This Thread
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Server Rules - by g-boy - 04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Server Rules - by Gwarsbane - 04-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Server Rules - by Power and Glory - 06-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Server Rules - by Guest - 07-29-2003, 06:01 PM