Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Rules
Chat spamming will get you gagged. Habitual chat spamming will get you kicked and even temporarily or permanently banned.
Probably need to know my definition of chat spamming. If you say it more than three times you are spamming. I know if you have key binds and you forget to type that “y” you can appear to be spamming. I am guilty of that one on more than one occasion and actually had to unbind my ‘g’ key that had GRITS server IP on it. gg ended up always getting the question… “What’s that IP for?” All Admins are willing to listen to explanations and then make the call. I think it is obvious why chat spamming is against the rules…it is irritating to try to read any chat much less if someone is so self absorbed that they need to see what they wrote over and over. It can lag the server and it is like talking to someone who just wont let you get a word in. i.e. it is just plain rude.

Reconnectors are just as irritating if not more so. No one likes to wait for their next match and when you disconnect so that you move up in the queue it is like cheating. Not only is it rude it causes extended waits for the people still in the queue and that is inconsiderate and unfair. Also afks. I do understand not wanting to lose your place on the server if ‘nature’ calls but if you don’t let an admin know you are going to be afk for a couple minutes, don’t be surprised if you have been kicked when you get back. And a couple means just that it does not mean 20 minutes. When you are afk you disrupt the flow of the queue and cause undo wait periods for the other players. I am thinking once we get the stats up people will be less likely to go afk because it will end up showing on the stats as deaths with no points earned and bring down there averages. :P

All of these rules are posted on the website in a more condensed version if you dont need my explanation as to why I instituted them.
kickable and banable offenses http://vadavaka.com/ricochet/frames.html

Messages In This Thread
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 10:48 AM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Server Rules - by g-boy - 04-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Server Rules - by Gwarsbane - 04-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Server Rules - by GRITS - 04-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Server Rules - by jabbahunt - 04-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Server Rules - by Power and Glory - 06-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Server Rules - by Guest - 07-29-2003, 06:01 PM