Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet Source Code Mods
In addition to working on the stats program for GRITS' servers I have been looking at the source code for Ricochet. We all know there are some serious and not so serious bugs in playing and some features we would like to see.

I started off slow and tried to tackle something that would be fairly easy and something that would be readily seen.

What I did was make it so players can change their models to either either male or female, instead of being locked in to using the male model only (unless you hacked the model files).

It works! I am psyched. I opened up my development server and Limitless came in...it was funny because players do not have a default model in their config.cfg file and it then defaults to Gordon, who cannot stand up or make the right moves. Anyway once he type "model female" in his console he changed to female and I was able to switch back and forth from male to female.

Now, in order to update GRITS servers to use this feature I need to have the source code compiled on a Linux box with C++. I will be researching what free compilers willl work with HL and start on the makefile but since I don't have a Linux box I need someone who has access to volunteer to compile the source code for me.

Leave a reply here and I will contact you...

Thanks,

desNotes (evil_admin)

PS I am contiuing to look at the source code and will keep everyone posted on my next fix.

Messages In This Thread
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by evil_admin - 04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by kermit - 05-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by evil_admin - 05-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by kermit - 05-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by kermit - 05-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by CloudFuel - 05-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by GRITS - 06-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by kermit - 06-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Ricochet Source Code Mods - by kermit - 06-11-2003, 04:54 PM