Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for?
Oh I don't like the other organizations you mentioned either, don't get me wrong. The problem with all of them is lack of compromise. I got some thing from the NRA that wanted to join up people to fight against registering one as a gun-owner. They said gun-owners would be treated like criminals just because they own a firearm... the point is, they would put down anything that goes against every person having the right to own almost any gun with no hitches. What exactly is the problem with getting a license to operate? We do it for cars, and use license plates to track down hit and run. Make everyone go through training, know how to operate their specific type of gun (handgun, rifle, etc.), take tests, don't let any person with a violent crime record own a gun, and yes, track people and have their files and records on hand if they have a gun. If you have no reason to get a gun in a hurry, that is do anything except protection in your home or hunting deer, what's the problem with implementing those things? As I said... no compromise. Many liberals want guns gone period (that would have some prohibition-like backlash though, and is unnecessary anyway)... and the NRA wants very little gun control. Yes, people kill people, not just guns... but realize that only certain people should be able to own guns. Hell, I'd want people to go through psych evaluations before getting any sort of firearm.

Messages In This Thread
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by Guest - 01-15-2004, 11:47 AM
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by Guest - 01-15-2004, 03:26 PM
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by Guest - 01-15-2004, 05:21 PM
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by Guest - 01-15-2004, 06:41 PM
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by g-boy - 01-15-2004, 09:39 PM
If I was a democrat...who would I vote for? - by Guest - 01-16-2004, 08:53 AM