Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Froot's recommendations
Gungrave, 26 episodes. some dude (Brandon Heat) is the main guy, big guns, lots of boom boom action. And it has a story aswel - how rare:)Pretty much ignore the first episode if you want, the story starts at episode 2 and the events in episode 1 are reshown in like... 17 or something.
It's Japanese, but has english subs - so if you're a lazy anime fan and want english dubbed - don't bother watching.. there's alot of reading.:)

Bleach - not sure how many episodes.. i'm on 65 at the mo and having trouble gettin any further ones. Again it's japanese with english subs and sometimes the subtitles go past a bit quick if you don't pay attention. Again - some dude (Ichigo) can see ghosts, and one day he sees a monster and a strange girl kills it with a samurai sword... turns out shes a "death god" and in a fight circumstances mean she can't fight - so she gives her powers to ichigo who turns out to be like Super dooper strong and she's like "wtf is he?". Anyway thats how it starts, if you like anime i guess you have to like this cause it's typical of the fighting genre.

TriGun - 26 episodes (i think... can't be bothered to look at the case, lol). Vash the stampede, the man with $$60 Billion on his head, he's a complete doofus and hates fighting.. but he's a legendary gunman and everyone wants to claim the reward so he's always getting in trouble. Eventually it turns out to have a story, but the beginning, though storyless, sets the characters so you know how they act etc and are entertaining to watch. Spose this paragraph was a waste since everyone's seen it.

Paranoia Agent is for you "Weird Anime" fans. It's completely screwed up... but watchable and passed the time. There's English dubbed version, or japanese with subs if you prefer. The story is some kid on blades who goes around slogging people with a bent baseball bat and the effect he has on the public.

Elfen Lied is another fairly strange anime, but it's alot simpler to follow than Paranoia agent. Some girl (Nyuu) escapes from some military thing by killing about 1000000000 men in the first episode without seemingly doing anything. She has invisible hands that come out her back, called Vectors.. She has 4 of them with a 2 meter range or something. The story revolves around her and the guy that's been nice enough to take her in to his home. Worth a watch i'd say. There's english dubbed and japanese versions available for ya... soooo... watch away.

that should keep you noobs going for a week or 2. lol

Messages In This Thread
Froot's recommendations - by Ichigo - 02-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Froot's recommendations - by Ichigo - 03-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Froot's recommendations - by Squish - 04-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Froot's recommendations - by Ichigo - 04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Froot's recommendations - by CloudFuel - 04-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Froot's recommendations - by Ichigo - 04-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Froot's recommendations - by CloudFuel - 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Froot's recommendations - by Ichigo - 04-03-2006, 05:11 PM