Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big DRM mistake
I just found the first lines funny..

Quote:Digital Rights Managements hurts paying customers, destroys Fair Use rights, renders customers' investments worthless, and can always be defeated. Why are consumers and publishers being forced to use DRM?

Paying customers... If people were paying, DRM wouldn't be an issue... So I would assume it would hurt the non-paying customers more.

In the case of fair use.. The guy did say they provided a print function.. Guess he never heard of printing/scanning.. But, I see his point. I also see the point where they didn't want people to just easily provide an entire copy of their cd's on the internet.

All-in-all.. If DRM is a "mistake" and does become a nightmare, do you think the consumer would just keep buying stuff with DRM? Well, I doubt they will. Which in return would cause the manufacturers to lose profits and then they will realize it was a mistake.

I'd like to believe the only people that need to worry are those who are the non-paying customers(pirates). Because if the consumer gets screwed, then the consumer will just screw the industries back..

Obviously there has to be a happy medium where both the consumers' rights and the industries are protected and it does have to start somewhere.

I do keep an open mind for everything.. As long as I see strong facts/evidence. All I see is mostly opinions.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Messages In This Thread
The big DRM mistake - by Gwarsbane - 03-03-2006, 08:35 PM
The big DRM mistake - by Pique - 03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
The big DRM mistake - by Miagi - 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM