Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Announcement yO!!!
We do know how the servers are not active. It's been mentioned quite a few times in the senior admin channel. I think the reason is because ricochet is NOT free anymore. People have to actually pay for it now instead of getting it as a free mod for half-life. I'm sure most people that play ricochet, play it because it was free and they were able to "try" it and liked it. People who just buy half-life or counter-strike are not given that chance.

Also, some people moved on to play other games or are busy in life. Or, they just got tired of the game and want something new. For example, a lot are playing KE more than ricochet. Not because there are less people on, but because they/we wanted a change. Hence why a lot of the rico veterans who played almost every day, only show up once in a great while, if at all. So I doubt unbanning one person is going to make the entire community run back to ricochet and forget about their new games.

I must make this last point crystal clear. Not to be mean, but the community is not suffering without vash. Already explained above how people want to play different games. Visit the forums more or IRC and you would find that we aren't just about ricochet anymore. Even if it was "suffering", WE WOULD NOT UNBAN HIM because of that. Geez, if we did that, we would have to empty the ban list and BEG everyone to play again.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure everyone knows vash will not be unbanned because "the community is suffering". He would be unbanned because we are giving him a chance and that's all.

By the way, we unbanned Vash from IRC. Eventually, after a few weeks, if everything goes right and the admins agree, he would be let back on the servers.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Messages In This Thread
Public Announcement yO!!! - by VashetheR - 03-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Public Announcement yO!!! - by Thrice - 03-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Public Announcement yO!!! - by Miagi - 03-20-2006, 03:25 PM