Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2006 News and Games Thread
It's that time again for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). It is held yearly in Los Angeles. This year is expected to be the most anticipated E3 in quite awhile.

The big stuff this year is of course the official unveiling of the PS3 and the Nintendo Wii. Generally the push of next generation gaming is the theme to this years E3.

Before I go on in case people are wondering why I am doing this. I consider this a hobby. I enjoy keeping up with the news and behind the scene stuff in the gaming world. As a consumer I feel this is beneficial when deciding how to spend my money on what game. When putting down 50 or 60 plus dollars on something I want to feel good about that decision. I like following the industry in general.

Anyway on to the good stuff. The 2 top gaming sites to watch are Gamespot and IGN. I prefer Gamespot due to how well they coverered the show last year aswell as their offering of HD content. Plus their editors feel more personable in my opinion. The 2 links to keep bookmarked are
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/index.html and http://www.ign.com/e3/2006/.

E3 runs from May 10th through the 12th, but the biggest news happens at the Pre-E3 Press Conferences. Those will be on Monday and Tuesday. Gamespot will be showing Sony's and Nintendo's Live to anybody not just to paid subscribers (like myself). Microsoft has denied showing their conference live this year. Gamespot has said they will put all 3 conferences up on demand after they are over in case anybody misses them or wants to download them. Paid subcribers get a 700k feed while everyone else gets a 150k or 300k option. For downloading purposes I will be able to get a HD 720p version. So if anybody wants it just let me know.

The times for the Press Conferences are labeled for Pacific Time since the event is in LA. So adjust accordingly to your timezone.

Sony- Monday May 8th, 4PM PT
Nintendo- Tuesday May 9th, 9:30AM PT
Microsoft- Tuesday May 9th, 12PM PT

Also Gamespot will be running 25 hours of Live coverage from the E3 show floor starting on the 10th. On the E3 link I gave you click on the E3 Live tab. You can then click through the day tabs to see their schedule. While the timeslots are not complete you can see some of the stuff they will be demoing on stage. Again same as with the conferances I can download any of these shows for people if they spot a game they might be interested in. I'm sure anybody can watch this stuff for free, but as with the other stuff as a paid subscriber I get a higher quality live fees and a HD quality download. I don't want to make it sound like the only way to see the stuff is to pay. Its all free. Just that I have some benefits that I am willing to share if anybody wants anything.

One of those things like I briefly mentioned above was HD Movies. If you click on the Video tab you will see all of the video they have. Right now its small since E3 has not started. There will be litterally hundreds of movies by the end of E3 on that page. I think you may have to sign up as a free basic subscriber to have access to their downloads. On that page you will see Hi-Res Movies. That is for paid subscribers. Like I have said. I have access to all HD quality stuff so if anybody wants a HD movie let me know. Reply in this thread, PM, IRC, or Xfire and we can work out how to get you wantever content you want.

Once the show starts on the 10th the floodgates will open and you will get tons upon tons of new game news, pics, and movies for all games coming out this year and part of next year. So much it is mind numbing.

I will try to update this thread as much as possible. Due to my work schedule you will not see me post till after 5PM ET. I will do my best though to keep people up to date in case they do not want to go digging through links to find stuff.

Only rule to this thread. Do not turn it into a debate about how one platform is better than the other or how PC's are better. This thread is about the event itself, hardware talk, and the games.

Again not to beat the dead horse. If anybody wants anything download between today and all of next week let me know and we will work something out. You know where to find me.

Above all have fun:thumb:
[Image: b_560x95.png]

Messages In This Thread
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Power and Glory - 05-06-2006, 04:14 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Quickening - 05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by Ichigo - 05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
E3 2006 News and Games Thread - by GRITS - 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM