Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enemies of Reason
While 'lucky' socks might not be much of an issue, on the surface, when people do not vaccinate their children for measles because of their unfounded beliefs instilled as much by the 'information' media as by charlatans that proclaim that 'crossing your fingers' will cure your child, it becomes a life or death situation….a documented epidemic.
Did you see the woman from ‘Atlantis’ that claims there is a different structure to DNA that she can ‘fix’ for you if yours isn’t right? Or the ‘healer’ that claims physicist ‘stole’ his word…..ummm Quantum theory …the same guy claims that his patients are healed even if they die from their disease…...my idea of healing is totally different from his. The thing that scares me is the misuse of science for very NON SCIENCE practices. I am not going to buy water to cure my sick child. These people appear very blatant in their non ability to defend their practices and talk in abstracts that you can’t test. It’s all about trust and belief and while I believe the human body and mind is strong enough to heal a lot of maladies, it is not the only avenue to rely on, much less create industries that bilk people out of billions of dollars. And don’t get me started on wasted research money…I might not have a job next year because of funding…I do developmental bone research, birth defects, hearing loss, and Alzheimer’s, lets not fund those and send our money to develop unsubstantiated homeopathic medicine where the ‘doctors’ pass out water to cure your ailments.
Best quote.....view things with an open mind but not so open as to allow your brain to fall out.
No one likes to be manipulated. I don’t see how some of these people don't see that they are being deceived.

Messages In This Thread
The Enemies of Reason - by Wha? - 08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
The Enemies of Reason - by Thrice - 08-22-2007, 01:24 AM
The Enemies of Reason - by Wha? - 08-22-2007, 06:26 PM
The Enemies of Reason - by Thrice - 08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
The Enemies of Reason - by GRITS - 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM