Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
occult
Actually this topic is more about ghosts, since most of the other stuff is pretty much impossible (despite being practiced), i.e.: demon summoning, witchcraft, voodoo, etc.

But ghosts are another story, every old town seems to have that abondoned house that no one goes into cause the husband killed the wife and promptly buried her in the celler or some crap like that. There are a dozen shows out now that have people going into these haunted sites and staying there. There are also shows where parascientists go to these places with occult detecting instruments and claim that a white dot one a picture could be a ghost, or a presence was felt.

Also if you go into the creation and folklore of ghosts, you can say that they are spirits who have some reason to still be here in other words they have unfinished business, be it vengeful, want to be properly buried, want to say that last goodbye, looking for a lost one, etc (my brain is full of various ghost stories now about why they want to stay here instead of ascend to wherever).

Now I'd like to put my view on ghosts so we can get this topic going and see what everyone believes. I personally believe in them, having once been in the presence (or at least assumed presence) of something not substantial. Now I know that ghosts can't interact with humans, via speaking, moving things, or assualt. Most cases where people got hurt in the presence of a ghost was their own fault, be it that they saw it and fell down the stairs in surprise or something of the like. Poltergeists (vengeful ghosts that tend to throw objects around the room) can't exist, since ghosts are completely insubstantial. There are cases where things are inexplicably moved or light switches turn off and on, its impossible or the person is imagining it. Voices also can't be possible since a ghost doesn't have a voice box or tongue to create noise, so sounds like "GET OUT!" are probably just the wind or some idiot playing a joke on you.

Messages In This Thread
occult - by PuNkGirL - 09-11-2003, 12:15 PM
occult - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 01:48 PM
occult - by PuNkGirL - 09-11-2003, 02:42 PM
occult - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 03:46 PM
occult - by Wha? - 09-11-2003, 07:25 PM
occult - by FreeFall - 09-11-2003, 07:47 PM
occult - by Wha? - 09-11-2003, 07:51 PM
occult - by Guest - 09-11-2003, 07:55 PM
occult - by FreeFall - 09-11-2003, 08:03 PM
occult - by [CAKE]anonymity - 09-11-2003, 10:06 PM
occult - by FreeFall - 09-12-2003, 02:48 AM