Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad, and the Political
The US Government knew some kind of attack from Japan was inevitable, and probably knew pretty much when it would happen, give or take a few days... to say they knew where it would happen is a bit of a stretch. Next, "let it" happen? What exactly do you do to prevent an attack of any kind? If they knew a few days in advance where and when it would happen, and knew that they had specially designed shallow-water torpedoes and that it would have been a massive air strike, they most likely could have been better prepared. But the attack still would have come, and the public would still have been outraged, and whether the public liked it or not we would have gone to war. So, I don't agree with the statement that this particular conspiracy theory has any logic to it. Just think about it abstractly.

Also, here's an analogy: You and your friend are walking down the street. A guy is about to come up behind you and attack you. One scenario, you have no idea it is coming, you get hurt, your friend backs you up. Second scenario, you know it's going to happen, you turn around and block the attack, does your friend just stand around and say "You can handle this, right?"? I don't think so... either way, you both kick his ass. You don't let the guy hit you just to get your friend to help.

P.S. I don't like conspiracy theories or the bashing of our government, or trying to make the US to appear malicious. I do, however, believe that the US has numerous secrets and covers up certain things, such as wild research and some of the UFO/ET type stuff. The latter I wish would be revealed more, the former is up to our government to decide who needs to know what.

Messages In This Thread
The Good, the Bad, and the Political - by Wha? - 09-26-2003, 07:16 PM
The Good, the Bad, and the Political - by g-boy - 09-26-2003, 07:41 PM
The Good, the Bad, and the Political - by g-boy - 09-28-2003, 01:04 AM
The Good, the Bad, and the Political - by Guest - 10-03-2003, 01:55 PM