Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video game produces violence...
I have played very violent video games for many number of years. All the way from arcades to some of the newer video games.

I play ultraviolent video games
I play ultraviloent boardgames and RPGs
I play paintball/airsoft (like paintball but with plastic pellets and very real looking guns)
I read ultraviolent books
I watch ultraviolent movies
I watch ultraviolent tv show
I watch ultraviolent animes
I listen to heavy metal and other violent music
I drink alcohol

I have not gone speeding through the streets of cities because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not gone on a shooting spree because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not gone and bashed in peoples faces because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not gone and tried to break into milatary bases because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not started doing or dealing drugs because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not gone on a smashing spree because some music artist has it in their music that is in some game I play.

I have not gone rollerblading through a city putting spraypaint everywhere because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not raped anyone because its in a movie, anime or game.

I have not sucked someones blood like a vampire (or other wise) because its in some movie, anime or game.

I have never slammed someone in the head with anything just because I seen it in a movie, anime or game.

I have never done any of the above because its in a movie, book, music, anime or game because unlike the other idiots that do stuff like that, I actually have a brain and know that its wrong.

The store is not suppose to sell anything mature to people under the specific age (18 I believe) so since they are under 18 either the store didn't ID them like its suppose to or they had someone of age buy it for them.

The creator of the game is not at fault for them playing the game. The parents can be blamed, well sort of. they should be watching everything the kids do on the computer, but guess what, if the parents don't know too much about computers then it would be easy for the kids to hide stuff on the computer.

So really you are down to just blaming the store, who ever got them the game, who ever sold them the game and/or the kids themselves.

Messages In This Thread
video game produces violence... - by Guest - 11-03-2003, 08:41 PM
video game produces violence... - by g-boy - 11-03-2003, 10:04 PM
video game produces violence... - by Wha? - 11-03-2003, 10:29 PM
video game produces violence... - by Gwarsbane - 11-03-2003, 10:53 PM
video game produces violence... - by Gwarsbane - 11-03-2003, 10:59 PM
video game produces violence... - by jabbahunt - 11-03-2003, 11:44 PM
video game produces violence... - by g-boy - 11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
video game produces violence... - by jabbahunt - 11-04-2003, 01:03 AM
video game produces violence... - by fritoman - 11-04-2003, 08:43 AM
video game produces violence... - by Gwarsbane - 11-04-2003, 01:38 PM
video game produces violence... - by Beebs - 11-04-2003, 02:29 PM