Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition for Valve
Always remember, we all use the cheat iambetterthenyou hack version 2.3. They can't seem to get that.
Fr0oTy,Feb 21 2003, 12:18 PM Wrote:i suggest an automatic ban for any1 who calls me a cheat just cuz my ping is 3x theirs and i still beat them. damn n00bs pee'ing me off "OMG U CANT SHOOT OVER THAT BARRIER!! U CHEAT" "WTF u lag like a little hoe, get out of here u cheat" etc etc etc
Everyone good is a cheater. Not just the laggers....
Not a big bug but happens a lot. Thank god for stopsound. If ur watching a match and someone fires a disc, then someone connects and u get that match, the fireing of the disc sound doesn't stop. I had another idea too that i wanted support for...Forgot it tho...o, and CTF Crossfire would be....different.
So I might not be responding to a very recent post in this thread, but I highly recommend that people take a look at the other Ricochet web page. While it is rarely updated (it seems that real life has ensnared the team members), the forums do get responses eventually.

Ricochet

This is the place to send suggestions, offers for help (sounds like these would be greatly appreciated) and stuff like that. Their forum has a post by me under "ricochet forum". I really didn't wan't to retype that, seeing as I can go on for a long time if I have something to say (see: my column)

I only mention this so a contingency can be put in place for when Valve does nothing because HL isn't being bought for Ricochet. After all is said and done, they are just another commercial venture.

Oh, and sign me up for the petition as well. Wouldn't hurt to show them there is an audience for this type of game.
how bout get rid of power ups, its like having wild cards in poker, any blonde can win then. i know doesn't attract newbies. and freeze disc is fine the way it is, don't use it. or use it for kicks, some people know how. i like white disc, teaches people to stay on pads after kill.(course wish i could be cured of falling off during play). great idea about having delay on connection.
and one more bug to fix is win stealing, how many time do you win and someone else gets the credit?
If you type spectate in the console while you are falling, and you know it will result in white disc glitch, then it will cause a a temporary glitch were you lose a round but hten you get to play the rest of the match. Personally i have it binded to a key so that i don't have to quickly open console and type in spectate.
PuNkGirL,Feb 26 2003, 12:18 PM Wrote:If you type spectate in the console while you are falling, and you know it will result in white disc glitch, then it will cause a a temporary glitch were you lose a round but hten you get to play the rest of the match. Personally i have it binded to a key so that i don't have to quickly open console and type in spectate.
I use this one too:)I don't remember who told me about it. Maybe it was you.
OK....here's that petition that I started LONG LONG ago....in a land far, far away....and now we can use it corrolation with GRITS's thank you letter...
:thumb:
*-=][_=-*
Just signing this...
Signing...
Ok I appreciate all the input on this thread would some of you mind posting on the thank you one to the developer?
which developer one?
I don't know if anyone suggested this but, i would like a better disc return system. That would eliminate discs flying around the place. Oh ya, i alos agree with the bug fixing.
Theres one glitch that has been far overlooked. The one where your vectors get totally f***ed when you walk through a dead body. I have been launched right off of a pad because of this. Also I think there should be a starting impermeability when you play DM so that you cant shoot and shots go right through you when your spawning to avoid that most obnoxious of things "spawn killing" personally I give a person a few chances and then go ape s*** on them and pound the crap out of them. Completely relentless, it gets the anger out. I have a lot of anger to get out so the person normally leaves before I’m done. :angry:

Ok, thats my suggestions and you can sign me up this petition

Oh and whats the deal with this developer thing that your talking about?
Woops forgot something... I have this problem sometimes when I walk into a jump its like walking into a wall. I just stop. that could use some fixing if anyone could find the problem. its possible that its not the game code but the map. like the jump should be down a little more and when you hit it just right you stop. bah, I dunno just something I forgot to add to my complaints. you can add me to the petition again if you want:D
DUDE, tell Valve that they need to put this game into
HL2 when it ships. So after i beat the game, I just start
busting out kick ass by the galonB)

DENIED:thumb:
Ok addicts,

Some important eyes will soon find their way into our little forum here where ricochet players interact. And these eyes may be looking for some suggestions.

Please make them sincere and also please please please make sure you are not simply repeating what somone else has said previously.

You are the ones who make the game great, people. Now you may have the chance to truly speak to those that made the game to begin with.

Beastie
I would like to see Duck introduced as this would provide for some extra difficulties for those of us who have been playing for some time. As for the dead body spawn kill bug, I think I found the cause (in another thread).
The duck can be easily introduced. While trying to compile on Linux I pointed toward the wrong common files and one of the test versions had jumping and ducking. It was kinda funny but the models don't support it so they don't look like they are jumping or ducking.
Crouching would just aid chronic campers in their quest for points.
this topic again???
am I the only one who noticed who suggested the crouching move?:P
valve: can you make an official ricochet update utilizing the fixes for the game that came from the community? also, we have a few really cool maps that i think should be included std. w/ ricochet.

please see the 'programming' section of these forums for information on what we have done and what we are currently working on.

it's not for money or acknowledgement...just that it would great to know we had something to do w/ a game that many pple enjoy.

thank you for making ricochet...it's a great game.
I would like to see some form of a Teamplay mode made even if it's just 2 on 2. I would also like something put into place to make actual clan matches possible. I also think the scoring system should be changed a bit like adding deaths. More official arena and DM maps.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Have a variable that can be controled on the servers for a safty period when you respawn so that it can be set to 0 to 5 seconds. That way it gives people time to run without worry of being hit.

The effect could be that the discs just bounce off or go through you.

I would also like to see the end of the floaters. The idiots that come into the game and float around either by accident or on purpouse.

Get rid of the lag cheaters too. Some people come on and create lag with something. you know the lag where people seem to float slowly over the jumps, but run normal speed over the pads.
You need more than just not dying for spawn protection. People would abuse it if they could collide w/ other players, shoot, or pick up powerups. I think they should also glow (just like the disc does when thrown, that way they glow the right colour) so people know not to waste time/discs on them.

I think I've said that a few times already, better safe than sorry I guess.
I think that that is easily addable to our current code, simply by taking the li'l bits of the arena count down and applying it to the DM player. Thus the player can't actually shoot, etc. As for bumping... well, even that's possible in Arena, so I don't think that should be any different in DM.
GRITS,Jul 30 2003, 02:17 AM Wrote:am I the only one who noticed who suggested the crouching move?:P
There's nothing like going down to surprise people ! :-D Or are you trying to say I'm a camper? :-P