Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vadavaka CS server
Ok the time has finally come for me to learn to play CS, Holdouts will set up the server this evening after he receives the following information....if you are listed as an admin I need your steamid...if you don’t know it DO NOT tell me because if you don’t know how to find it then you should not have admin access:P12 player server with two admin spots.
fritoman aka grapeape will be the senior admin and responsible for handling the smooth running of the server, his clan is LoneWolvesClan and you will be seeing them there often, some of them will have admin access but the server is not a “clan server” although they will have the ability to lock the server for their matches….same goes for other clans that approach me for the privilege.
wha?
anon
asm
netniV
will be admins with banning ability (I must know who you ban and why or the ability will be removed)

I want a place where players are respected for their abilities not called hacks nor cheats and not degraded because of their lack of them. Sportsman like conduct only, there will be no language filter but the admins will have carte blanche when it comes to dealing with malcontents and cheats….If you hack or cheat don’t play here…it will not be tolerated.
Question? Do we want friendly fire on?
Start up money?
Chicken mod?
Timer..how much time?
Bots?
Anything else?
How about suggestions for a name…include the word HOLDOUTS somewhere

If you are a regular player of CS let me know about what time you would usually play and if you have an interest in being an admin. I will probably add a few at the junior level after I meet with my ‘staff’ to discuss the needs.
FF OFF. Too many jackasses out there who abuse this.

I don't mind default money when you start. No sense giving everyone the best weapons right off.

NO bots. With a small 12 man server in CS...you don't wanna be hogging up a slot with a bot.

Can't wait....gonna be fun.
I like 20 min maps, and I think maybe 3000 in start up money would be good, I dont like bots and chicken mod is kinda funny :P

my steam id is 925 STEAM_0:1:148042
I go by "}|{L.w}|{ grape ape" or grape ape
I will get you Wulfs when he messages me back

and thank you very much for adding yet another form of entertainment for us, we are truely greatful. :thumb:
FF off, it just doesn't work for public servers.
800 start money is good (default).
No to chicken mod and bots.
I think map timer should be set to 30, because usually any less really isn't enough time to really get into it I find, and any more and it just becomes boring.
Statsme is an alright mod to put on because it's actually useful.

Things that I would avoid having if I were you is all those gimmick mods that let you see things like bullet shots, FF punish (should you choose to have FF on), and if you can, try to get a psycho stats page. I know that psycho stats is kind of a little gimmicky type thing but it's a good one.

One last thing, avoid sound effects for the server..., like some servers have so when you kill 3 people it says multi kill, 5 ultra kill etc. Those are just annoying after playing on a server for 20+ minutes.
FF: Can't that be turned off and on at will? or am I crazy
Money: default $800
Time: 20
Chicken Mod: not too much point for it if FF is off. . .
Bots: No, I don't like playing with bots, in any game pretty much
HOLDOUTS - Vad's Counter-Strike ?????

C4 Timer: 30/35, I don't really care which but not lower than 30.
I don't care about the mapcycle, But put a Map vote at the end, like the other holdouts servers.
wow FF you sound like a regular CSer thanks for all the input
So wheres the server ip?:P
I like the dust maps and office, assualt is ok. Not a big fan of the custom maps, or the dm type maps. I agree with everything said above, even tho i have no idea what chicken mod is <_<

I think you should put in a language filter. In my experience with CS, i really didnt like the people who played, mainly with their disrespectful behaviour and jerkish demeanor. I love the way the holdouts servers are run, and the staff who run them. As a result i dont want to see punks come in and think they can disrespect other people, especially my friends. I think mature players will like the way the server is run, and the maturity level of the admins. My little brother has played CS, and if he was a fan of it online, he would be exposed to this type of environment. I know you guys arent obsessed with swearing, and are used to the swear filters in place, so it shouldnt be a problem for our rico players.
Is there a way to place cs without steam??
There are bots now that have settings to regulate bot count with the influx of people. Which makes them perfect for getting people in, because it's no longer cut out by the "is not empty" filter option. Bots may not be the most fun to play agaisnt, but who here is going to join the server and wait for people? Be honest. Sure... so not everyone is going to stick around for bots, but as the number of players increases, more real people will come in, and the bot program will kick bots to make room for people.

In short: Want higher join frequency? Find bots that have an option to compensate for people joining.
those are actually the only kind of bots I was talking about, they are there if you are alone and leave when real players come in
but you will see 12/12 in your list and you wont know if 3 are bots. You won't try to join the server
if it appears full.
Blazed,Jan 6 2004, 01:28 PM Wrote:Is there a way to place cs without steam??
play? if so then it's on WON as well. . .

Quote:wow FF you sound like a regular CSer

I guess I'm a regular. . the only problem is, I don't seem to improve :P
actually, the bots that were inherent in cs1.6 were a lot fun for me until they took them out (WHY?!!!). they will be back in cs:czero perhaps even more improved. the cs for xbox uses the same AI and i heard single-player is actually enjoyable....some of the smarter bots camp and switch to knife to run faster from a spawn point, etc...

there was this cs mod that i played recently that had an rpg feel to it. you can get special powers, pick classes, use items and you can even level up like in a real rpg. it was kind of fun but i think i would prefer just plain vanilla cs.

i really would like FF off and custom maps are a pain because you lose 2/3 of your clients when you change maps.
Can we set it, so that all the bots are gone when like 6 ppl are in the server or something? that way there are still bots if you want to go in and wait for ppl to come in, and you dont get like one on one type situations, or 2 on 1 or something like that. Also practiceing with bots would get you good at killing hackers :lol:
You can't join the server if it's 12/12, since there aren't any slots left. I think I know what you're trying to say, though. The bot program removes bots before the server fills (ie 9/10).
i know this isn't going to be a popular suggestion, but can you disable microphones on the cs server? they tend to annoy me when people overuse them or shout offensive things. plus, half of the time their racist/homophobic remarks come with crackling static and clipping distortion. yes i know i can mute them but the paranoia that everyone is making comments directed at me makes the game less fun too.
I actually agree with kerm. I've heard a lot of really negative things over the mics, and from really young sounding people as well. Can we set it so that an admin can turn it on and off? that way if a bunch of ppl are wrecking it we can turn it off. And then gag them :upto:
netniV gave me a command that silences voice on a player affectively gagging them we will have to go in and try it sometime, I never checked it out
msg from Holdouts

Quote:Sorry but I was under the weather yesterday and didn't get your server set
up yet. I will do it today.

Thanks,
Stefan
Holdouts
GRITS,Jan 7 2004, 08:07 AM Wrote:netniV gave me a command that silences voice on a player affectively gagging them we will have to go in and try it sometime, I never checked it out
that would work well, is it for the rico servers as well? Whats the command? and can a jr use it as well?
FreeFall,Jan 6 2004, 06:06 PM Wrote:FF: Can't that be turned off and on at will? or am I crazy
Money: default $800
Time: 20
Chicken Mod: not too much point for it if FF is off. . .
Bots: No, I don't like playing with bots, in any game pretty much
HOLDOUTS - Vad's Counter-Strike        ?????

C4 Timer: 30/35, I don't really care which  but not lower than 30.
I don't care about the mapcycle, But put a Map vote at the end, like the other holdouts servers.
mp_friendlyfire 1 is the command for ff..and yes it can be turned on and off at any given time.
everything else you said i agree with...also you might wanna put that ricochet filter on cs server..kids tend to say more things that are far worse:)
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Jan 7 2004, 08:25 PM]
GRITS,Jan 7 2004, 08:07 AM Wrote:netniV gave me a command that silences voice on a player affectively gagging them we will have to go in and try it sometime, I never checked it out
that would work well, is it for the rico servers as well? Whats the command? and can a jr use it as well?
Escape->Player list->Select player name->mute in game voice

Voila, problem solved for people that don't want to listen to (3)Annoying_Preteen. Of course if they're saying offensive stuff that's different, but that's what I do for people with crackly mics/voices.
that dont work in CS. You cant hit escape and mute the people like in ricochet.
Ive tried it numerous times in the last couple weeks and no deal. I turned off my
mic communication in the audio settings for CS on Steam and now you hear nothing
from anybody.
They got rid of the mute thing on the score sheet?
yeah it dosent work like rico anymore
no, press escape and do it there. They moved it is all ;-)
you put my name as a cs admin...i guess by mistake...who is the other admin?
sorry asm thought we discussed it in irc, guess I will have to try and remember who it was now
i knew my name was a msiprint:(. i was wondering why i couldn't log in as an admin.