Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Tourny
i whould like to help u in the league and play in the league:D count me in
noxious here ready to do whatever it takes to participate and willing to help with anything else if needed.
you can count me in too PuNkGirL, sounds like a blast! :)
Ahem... sign me up.
I want to be in too!
Well you already know I'm gonna be a big part in this...and I'll re-reply to your email with those ideas soon. Also I can help design the site if you need that too...
cool thanx. Yeah design the site for me. Give me less to do :DNox is gonna help too, and I think shalk is gonna help as well. (unless i'm mistaken) So if all this is true then I really don't need any more help, so just sign the forum saying you are gonna be in the tourny
Ok I might go out in the first leg but I'm in...and then I will be the "best cheerleader" for everyone else....:D
Add me in.
I get a cheerleader!! woohoo...
This is PIX aka /usr/local/gin
Sign me up.:D

If you cats want some deathmatch play, visit my server PIX's DS-3 Deathmatch
at 216.37.74.138. I've noticed quite a few of you visiting there lately. Thanks.

PIX

http://www.sys-op.net
get gemakk there!
i guess ill play
i'll play
well that makes 18 ppl so far, keep the signups coming!
Question: What rules will be imposed? Like no excessive spamming etc?
Sounds like it cud b fun to get owned by a load of LPBs so sign me up^_^
As per our conversatoin, I have been granted:
  • exclusive television rights<>
  • exclusive rights for Board Girl selection <>
  • exclusive rights for scoring (with female winners of course)<>
  • exclusive rights for blaming lag<>
  • the recognisition of UK time and not expecting me up at some rediculous hour to play (unless under scoring section)<>
  • #1 spot no matter what<>
  • danger money for getting hit so much, or risking my neck by falling<>
    [st]
This looks like it's going to be pretty popular tournament so add me too. (if i am good enough)
I will be in nothing else better to do -_-
netniV,Feb 20 2003, 10:11 PM Wrote:As per our conversatoin, I have been granted:
  • the recognisition of UK time and not expecting me up at some rediculous hour to play (unless under scoring section)<>
    [st]
You know... this isn't the pros... you don't get paid to play...
Im in .. dont be scary

what about 4points shoot in dm1 ?
noxious,Feb 21 2003, 01:33 AM Wrote:Let us recall that this torunament is about fun, winning should be second. We're all friends here so as we eventually progress through the tourny, lets make sure we're still friends when it's all said and done:)
All friends? I dont know 1/2 of u:P
sprays, are those little logos that people put onto the field. Usually the key to spray is the T

If you can't agree on the spamming thing then try to compromise. Allow some spamming in exchange that they can't do something else
If this doesn't work then talk to cloud, shalk, nox, or me, we'll settle it.
Spamming should be allowed simply because it is a legit strategy and you can't really enforce it. That's because it depends on someone's perception of what spamming is. Johnnykill is a spammer in my view because he fires at nothing while jumping in circles, he doesn't aim. When I use push discs, I aim, and depending on the situation I might use a lot of them and not decap. For example, if decap isn't getting the job done. And I've played frooty and been called a spammer when I fired about 5-8 push discs in his direction, so I don't know if he wants all decaps or just 3 push discs at a time or what. So if for some reason people agree to do decaps only, that's fine... but I'd never do it. In fact, if you complain about spamming, I'd do it more because apparently it works.
Add me in too.
PuNkGirL,Feb 21 2003, 03:48 AM Wrote:
netniV,Feb 20 2003, 10:11 PM Wrote:As per our conversatoin, I have been granted:
    [st]
You know... this isn't the pros... you don't get paid to play...
Damn, I was hoping to... you wanna pay me in some form other than money?
nooo....
g-boy,Feb 21 2003, 02:33 PM Wrote:Spamming should be allowed simply because it is a legit strategy and you can't really enforce it. That's because it depends on someone's perception of what spamming is. Johnnykill is a spammer in my view because he fires at nothing while jumping in circles, he doesn't aim. When I use push discs, I aim, and depending on the situation I might use a lot of them and not decap. For example, if decap isn't getting the job done. And I've played frooty and been called a spammer when I fired about 5-8 push discs in his direction, so I don't know if he wants all decaps or just 3 push discs at a time or what. So if for some reason people agree to do decaps only, that's fine... but I'd never do it. In fact, if you complain about spamming, I'd do it more because apparently it works.
i class spam as anything that raises my ping by more than 200. u LPBs r so inconsiderate to us HPBs. Spam might not make a difference to u but it adds like 200-600 ping to me which is just rediculas. and i called u spammer wen u went round all the time just holding the primary fire, it wasnt 5-8 discs it was 50-80. i dont moan about spam unless it adds a significant ammount of lag to me.
I never hold primary fire... and we can't sit around, fight, and check your ping to see whether I am lagging you or not. I'm sorry and it's unfortunate that it lags you, and there's not much you can do about it if you're very far from the server... Shalk always has high ping, he's very far from the server... I've never seen him complain about it. But hey, if someone agrees to do an all decap or 3 push discs at a time match, then it's all good. I'm just saying I wouldn't agree to it, and a lot of people wouldn't as it affects gameplay if you have to think too much about what you're doing, which is why I don't think it should be a rule.
Oh yeah, I think any matches won due to white disc bug should not be counted.
here are some common sense rules I thought of, but haven't cleared with pG yet....

- White disc DOESN'T count.

- winner should be determined by amount of wins NOT points. (Reasoning: a player can be lucky as hell or spam and get bounce points galore, but the other player doesn't and gets all the wins, but very few points. This isn't fair to go by points. Also a player could just fall a bunch once he has the most points and thus give NO points to the opponent resulting in that other player losing. Thus WINS should be counted...

- Players should have a few warm-up rounds to get used to each other and help get back into the game.

- Excessive bumping should NOT be allowed

- Players should determine the amount of wins they are going to, time limit they will decide on, or how many wins they must be up by in order to win, i.e. player A and Player B decide that the first to reach 10 wins is the winner, or they set 15 minutes on the map and play till then, or they decide that once one of the players is winning by 5 wins they are declared the winner.

- Extreme ping problems should be reported to one of the tourney officials and a new place for the match will be set.

- All players should get screenshots of the match standings and email those results plus the consent of both players on who the winner was and why. Should a player falsify the results via Photoshop or something of that nature, the other player should have proof (screenshot) to verify this problem.

- That's it so far....