Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars Galaxies
http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/

I'm not all that into Star Wars or any of the games, but this one looks awesome. The ability to have a career, pets, house, friends can crash in your house, you can run a cantina, be a bounty hunter, or even be a dancer... read all of the FAQ's and the guide, and tell me this does not seem like a game that would be awesome as hell. Even the graphics are very nice, from the screenshots.

-BMac
Well then, not to sink your ship, but the player owned houses and vehicles are no longer planned. They have to cut some key features to save time to meet developement dealines. A sad thing since this game was looking superb. Now I'm not so sure.
Hmm... I know they said the vehicles wouldn't be in until an update, didn't know houses couldn't be owned yet... I gotta look at the site again, because I was reading the FAQs and guide and they kept the player residences in there. Gotta live somewhere, people can't just wander around. Maybe you mean the player-owned land and player-run cities?
Ive been somewhat following this game and yea...looks great. One of the reasons i bought my new comp. No jedis tho :/ (or very few)
g-boy,Feb 8 2003, 03:35 AM Wrote:Hmm... I know they said the vehicles wouldn't be in until an update, didn't know houses couldn't be owned yet... I gotta look at the site again, because I was reading the FAQs and guide and they kept the player residences in there.  Gotta live somewhere, people can't just wander around.  Maybe you mean the player-owned land and player-run cities?
Oh yes, I think that is what I meant, still a major disappointment.
player run cities are supposedly gonna be the main cities and the normal cities were supposed to be small compared to tem... doublt they were cut.
I like the feature of few jedis, and being more or less a renegade. It'd be a cool thing to be a Sithlord and kill random people.:P
Sorry, ya can't kill random people :P
The idea of player-run cities was you could find a habitable zone with a bunch of people and build different key structures (shops, homes, city hall), and eventually even turrets to defend the city. Eventually it could grow to be rather large, or you could make it like a base for your band of friends. It's not that much of a disappointment to me that it will come in a later update. I'd rather build up my skills and become an experienced player before I tried any of that. By the time you have a decent amount of experience points and you have a good handle for the game, the update will probably come out.

-BMac
Sony said they wont even begin working on the cut features until 7-8 months after the release of the game. So don't expect those features till about a year after release.