Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
illustrations
i didn't feel like starting a whole new thread or anything for this but: this is one of my most recent drawings. it was done over a year and a half ago. i haven't drawn anything since except for crude cartoons drawn to elicit laughs from my friends.
it's far from my best. that's okay because i find college able to kill one's own creative ambitions almost completely. this image and the one in my avatar were depictions of characters to be used in an online graphic novel. the girl in the image here was to be the heroine and the character in the avatar was to be a paid sniper working on behalf of the heroine. it was such a long time that i had practiced any gestural/figure drawing that it became clear that to do any work of quality would take a lot of energy on my behalf...more than i was willing to commit.
the picture has faded a lot so i exported it to a 2-color mode to sharpen it. it was rendered a lot better originally. on the other hand, the avatar image is just an ink rough.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

just found this one. very crude but despite the fact that it was hashed out in seconds, it still seems interesting to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pretty cool .asm

I've never really been into drawing. Only time I got into it was back when I was around 13-14 (was a huge DBZ fan, had tons of japanese, subtitled tapes), I have some pretty damn cool drawings laying around, wish I could show them off, but can't afford a scanner :/

I still admire artists works, to each his own style and beauty.
still working on mastering stick figures.
I used to draw so much, I still do now and then. . .mostly doodles of whatever I can think up. But sometimes those doodles turn into a full page mural or something. . and those look cool.
I'm not sure if the one image I have scanned in would count as an illustration or not.

Its a unique drawing but all the parts of it are traced off of other stuff. :D I suck at drawing but I wanted to create something unique.

* Gwarsbane points to his avatar...

I have a bigger version of that I can upload. Again Its not a drawing but it is a tracing I did with pencel