Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fmod.dll
I installed svencoop 3.0 last night and in doing so it updated my fmod.dll (found in sierra/halflife folder). But NS uses an older version of it and now i cant play ns with this new one. Can anyone upload the old fmod.dll to forums for me? i reallly dont want to reinstall ns.
For a second I couldn't find it. After a search it was located in my monkeystrike folder. I don't even play that mod anymore.

Attached Files
.dll   fmod.dll (Size: 127.5 KB / Downloads: 0)
[Image: b_560x95.png]
this may help pique and for anyone who wants to play ns and the new svencoop 3.0:

ftp://lunixmonster.org/fmodswitch.zip

Quote:Download this file, and extract the contents to your Half-Life folder. When you want to play SC, run new.bat first, and run old.bat to play NS. This obviates the need for a reinstall if you've lost your old fmod.dll file installing SC.

got it from the ns forums. i'm sure when ns 3.0 is released, it will be on par with svencoop.
And just what is fmod.dll used for? Seems strange you'd get backward compatability issues... surely they must realise there are likely to be older mods using it out there... Or do they think they work for microsoft now?
fmod.dll is used for the built in mp3 players that ns and sc use. here's what sven viking said about the issue:

Quote:Sven Co-op uses the latest fmod.dll for its MP3 player. Natural Selection v2.0 uses the older fmod.dll for its MP3 player. So when you install SC3.0, an fmod.dll is installed that's incompatible with NS2.0, and vice versa.

The ironic thing is, the only reason we actually upgraded to the new fmod.dll was to /prevent/ compatibility problems with Natural Selection. (NS3.0 uses the new fmod.dll). I didn't think about 2.0 using an older dll.

Pity the fmod guys couldn't have kept the dll backwards-compatible :/. Well, anyway, the only thing you can do until NS3.0 is released is to keep a copy of both fmod.dll versions. Copy the old one to Half-Life\ to be able to play NS, or the new one to be able to play SC. Sort of arkward, but there's no way we could have avoided this... with NS2.0 and 3.0 using different fmod versions, SC3.0 had to be incompatible with one of them.
ty