Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone play on steam anymore
topic name is self-explanitory.
There are a bunch of us here who play on steam. Just that with it being x-mas I don't think many people are around, they are doing things with family.

Me on ther other hand, I haven't been in a gaming mood for a little while.
I ONLY play on STEAM since my changeover. I search for servers and only get about 9 or 10
and I just pick the lowest pinger with people playing DM or DM2.
PunkGirl,

Send me your SteamID so I can add your admin access

evil_admin
Nevermind...got it on your other post
I dont play rico on steam, but i play other games on steam like dod, and HLDM. I'm on your friends list PG.
I play on both STEAM and WON. Haven't seen you online on my Friends list though... am I not your 'friend' anymore ?
I used to then my computer got reformatted. . .the only thing I have on steam now is Counter-strike. . . at the current time anyways.
netniV,Dec 26 2003, 03:07 PM Wrote:I play on both STEAM and WON. Haven't seen you online on my Friends list though... am I not your 'friend' anymore ?
um... since i've been back, you are always away or not on
PuNkGirL,Dec 28 2003, 07:04 PM Wrote:
netniV,Dec 26 2003, 03:07 PM Wrote:I play on both STEAM and WON.  Haven't seen you online on my Friends list though... am I not your 'friend' anymore ?
um... since i've been back, you are always away or not on
well if it says I'm away just message me, I have three computers to go at here at any one time... I mean right now I'm sat on the floor in the lounge typing this with my Linux server humming away begging me to dive on it (TS - Steam) but I'm gonna go play some OF.
I think the best way to put it, pg, is that most of us didn't play on steam in the first place because it SUCKS for ricochet.
I am slowly, and I mean SLOWLY getting used to the lag for Ricochet when you bounce. These days I just react as if I did ok, though sometimes the visual effect is distracting and only laggy servers it really does suck ass. That said, for other games, you don't notice it at all, which I find rather strange.

They should fix it up, but something tells me they won't.
who's got rico on steam again? FreeFall has rico on steam again. . . boo ya
I've got rico on steam..Steam is the way of the future..I love it:D
Ya'll DO realize that EVENTUALLY (I say that with a grain of salt since when i got back both cz and hl2 were susposed to be out) won will be shut down right?
I'm stickin with STEAM pg. When WON shuts down....they will all come running.
Quote:Ya'll DO realize that EVENTUALLY (I say that with a grain of salt since when i got back both cz and hl2 were susposed to be out) won will be shut down right?

We all know that. It's not a problem for me since I have Steam and Won running so I can play on any server. Some just don't like Rico on Steam so that is why most of us play on the Won side.

HL and it's mods bore me now anyway for the most part although I am looking into Sven Co-op for a change.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
WON is the way to go for Rico as it don't look like there are gonna be many changes in the future. The lag that you get when you bounce on Steam is unacceptable.
Also the fact that you don't hear yourself bounce, that's really annoying too...
but its just something to get used to, think of it like you are learning a new game, you have to overcome the difficulties and deal with the nuisances
bah....i don't know. isn't that what we did with this game to begin with?

it's hard for me to say if i'll be playing ricochet once won closes.
I disagree with that statement. It's not like learning a new game. It's like taking a good game and making it crap. New people trying to learn moves will find that lag and lack of sound acceptable but won't experiment that much as it can be difficult to overcome.

I put up with it, because I can react reasonably as if it wasn't there, but it still catches me out. Imagine if you were trying to master those moves like we all did that first time... it just isn't the same.
It would bevery difficult to dodge a higher skill level oppenents shots as well, less time to react to it. It wasn't that bad playing on steam, I played quick on the second round of the tournament. We just had to keep our distance because of the lag jumps. So i'll probably end up playing on steam, and really put the effort into getting used to the jumps.
hmmm apperently steam really did kill rc... I can count the number of ppl who actually play on steam on one hand.... Shit I hope the next generation of rc'ers get better quick cause you old fogies can't seem to adapt to change.
Oh we're adapting, problem is we can see newbies won't :-P They'll think that all the servers for RC are laggy and bugger off to play on CS or something.
I saw wall mart security on last night, and he came back from steam. A lot of people are going back to WON rico, you should really consider it pG.
Let me reiterate something... I'm not saying, nor is anyone else, that I'm denying the fact that won will be shut down and I'll be forced into steam. But as long as WON is still up, THAT is where I'm playing because it's better, I'm used to it, and I have more fun. When I'm forced into steam, then I'll probably play, albeit less often. The response I expect is "then you should be getting used to it now to prepare." Not really... I'll adapt when I need to, and I doubt it'll take THAT long. And if it does, then oh well, I'll deal.
I played a good deal of Steam counter-strike with frito and I actually thought it was rather novel. Being able to follow your friends into games, and play virtual chess. Wee! But, for some reason, it wont accept my cd-key anymore so I cant play it until i figure out what the fudge is wrong with it:(.
ThisIsTrippy,Jan 7 2004, 01:19 AM Wrote:I played a good deal of Steam counter-strike with frito and I actually thought it was rather novel. Being able to follow your friends into games, and play virtual chess. Wee! But, for some reason, it wont accept my cd-key anymore so I cant play it until i figure out what the fudge is wrong with it:(.
contact valve since they control what CD-key's they believe are valid for steam id's