Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day of Defeat
Has anyone played DoD in awhile? I played it on STEAM yesterday, the first time in 2 years and it was
beautiful looking. I actually like STEAM contrary to the majority of people playing. I like having all these
games right at my fingertip with one large download. I like having them updated all the same version with
one login. Sure it has it's bugs, but this centralization makes it alot less hectic in my opinion.
Yeh I play DOD at least every day, and yes I agree I love Steam and how its so easy with all the games right there.
Yeah i play to, you can add me to your friends PIX (anonymity) and we can get owned together B)
Only thing i dont like about DoD now is that the damn uniforms look so much the same now.
I cant tell who from who cept for the little indicator over your teammates heads.
i like steam too especially now that i can play in windowed mode without a third-party program and the friends thing is really nice. btw, with the current update, you can browse servers for third-party games from 'Servers' which is most welcome.

i like dod but it doesn't look like i'm going to be playing it anytime soon. basically, i have little hd space left and it came down between cs and dod. since cs runs a bit smoother and more stable than dod on my computer, i chose cs. it looks like dod, like natural selection, is going to have to wait until hardware improves on my end.
Tater mashers rox!:fireg:
I converted to Steam so I'm playing all the mods now. I'm a noob at all of them. I was in the lead on CS for a little bit. Dod I was dead last. Got killed every other second. I had 2 kills and 30 deaths. Oh well, don't really care. Anyhow, just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.
Can't hit ANYTHING anymore with DoD. THey jacked the recoil up so much on the Nazi guns
that it's rediculous.
Turn up your mouse sensitivity. They still remain quite accurate.
turn UP?????? the sensitivity??

that will make it 100 times worse. I just hate the recoil of the good guns. they kick right up when you fire.
the first version of DoD..which had the best map HILL, had plain jane recoil. The German KAR rifle was
incredable to shoot.
.asm,Jan 9 2004, 01:08 AM Wrote:i like steam too especially now that i can play in windowed mode without a third-party program and the friends thing is really nice. btw, with the current update, you can browse servers for third-party games from 'Servers' which is most welcome.

i like dod but it doesn't look like i'm going to be playing it anytime soon. basically, i have little hd space left and it came down between cs and dod. since cs runs a bit smoother and more stable than dod on my computer, i chose cs. it looks like dod, like natural selection, is going to have to wait until hardware improves on my end.
Btw, did I tell ya, you can do this without thirdparty drivers on won too.... didn't ya know ? Ah. Catch me next time and I'll whisper it too ya ;-)
Tak the Cruel,Jan 12 2004, 08:55 PM Wrote:turn UP?????? the sensitivity??

that will make it 100 times worse. I just hate the recoil of the good guns. they kick right up when you fire.
the first version of DoD..which had the best map HILL, had plain jane recoil. The German KAR rifle was
incredable to shoot.
ya turn it up, and when you shoot move the mouse down. Cancels out the recoil.