Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket Crowbar 2 mod
i have never played rocket crowbar before today, but i downloaded this small mod (23mb) and have to admit that i was having a blast. it's a great game to have a laugh or get in some quick action before work or school. basically, it's like hldm but with a strange and profound twist. the weapons are really screwed up. the shotgun shoots exploding scientists, the hornet gun can freeze people, the rocket launcher can fire barney mines that explode when anyone gets near them, and as the title of the mod suggest, you can fire wacky rockets from your crowbar. did i mention that the weapons have up to four (yes, four) types of attack not just the standard two and you can transform into monsters like headcrab, alien controller and my favorite....houndeye. it's just a really fun comical game that you can't take too seriously (you probably won't care to press the tab key...lol)

one more thing, the new version is basiacally steam only.

here's a screenshot of a really cool map that comes with the game (the maps have the prefix rc_ like in ricochet unfortunately).

give the mod a try, it rox!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll have to try it. I don't see any servers popping up though when I refreshed.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
yeah, it just came out today i think...half of the development crew was there to gauge client reaction. they had an official server up for a while but i know they were having lag issues with as many clients as they were getting. probably tomorrow, there will be some severs up, even if they are just listen-servers. it's also possible that they spotted a technical problem at the last minute and went to fix it.

the guy who made the map i took the above screenshot from was there when the map (rc_moonside) loaded for the first time. as soon as it loaded, everyone was like "omg...this is sooooo cool!" and "this map rox!", etc...i was happy for him...he seemed really pleased and pledged to make a couple new variants of the theme. i think rocket crowbar in the past just used standard valve maps like crossfire but the two maps that i saw made for the game were rad and fit the gameplay well.
Rocket Crowbar...holy shit the memories
I remember that Rocket Crowbar was murder on the server. With all the new changes in the weapons and things, it would really
push the server to it's limits, most of the time crashing.
you just need a more powerful server don't you?...i mean what are you gonna do when hl2 comes out?
just slap a turbo on there and hope it holds.
This was like 5 years ago of course.
sage_4,Jan 13 2004, 12:47 AM Wrote:just slap a turbo on there and hope it holds.
I remember those 'turbo' buttons that did ZIP other than add an extra light. (Ok, technical I know they did more but I'm being pedantic ;-) )
Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't the purpose of the turbo button was to slow down to run older apps that needed a 33MHz clock and didn't work right on 66?
im talking Pentium 200 days.
Reminds me of HL on my 133. CS was un playable on it tho. But HL in super low res worked well.
Wha?,Jan 13 2004, 03:26 AM Wrote:Correct if I'm wrong, but wasn't the purpose of the turbo button was to slow down to run older apps that needed a 33MHz clock and didn't work right on 66?
ssh, don't go spilling industrial secrets:P Also, please note my "pedantic" comment :-P
Well, when i said turbo, i meant like, a car turbo. Naturally, i was joking. Btw, I LOVE THIS MOD. been playing it nonstop. it reminds me of the old HLDM days, but more fun customizing.