Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today. 1/09
Today, was the all state auditions. Just thought I'd tell everyone. I think I bombed it. They had me play all my Atudes which is really unusual, but I did bomb my scales. Also during the sight reading part (which was easy) this girl walked right through my audition. The audition itself were blind so no one else was supposed to be in the room so I really messed up then. Anyhow just thought I'd tell about my day and have all the band people relate on their stories.
I remember you saying that. Sorry to hear it didnt go well. I always mess up when i play something for the guitar teach. Usually tests though, I guess you just have to try to be more calm, and just go in and try to have fun. You shouldnt be playing an instrument if its not fun IMO.
you might have done better than you think. Professional interviewers can see past nerves and mistakes to the true talent. Don't count yourself out, if you did the best you could under the circumstances, no one can expect more.:blsh:
Well, my brother thinks I made it, but I don't have the optimistic eye for it. Anyhow, I was extremely calm. I wasn't nervous about it a bit.
Auditions for WHAT? My insight has failed me.
Auditions for the bands. The better you do the better you get in chair rankings.
I remember this one time when I used to take piano. At a recital just before i start my song, the keyboard covor fell shut at my fingers, I managed to move 'em outta the way in time but it shook me up a little. That was funny, I bombed that song so bad too.
about 5 years ago my band Blend played a local club on New Years Eve. We were opening band and went on around 10:30, there were about 300 drunk people there and we were all fairly nervous. Right after the dj anounced us, our guitar players strap lock came off and dropped his guitar on the ground *l* People laughed and one guy yelled, "These guys suck!" and more people laughed :lol:....

Then we played our first song and everything was going great until the middle of the song when I stopped two bars too early and threw the rest of the band off. They stopped and just stared at me *l* Then everyone started clapping, thinking the song was done, so we just stopped *l* It was soooo weird...

Then, a drunk man comes up to me and starts telling me how good we are and how he wants to stay on stage on watch me play drums. I asked him nicely to get off the stage, I was getting embarrased, thinking people were watching me get flustered with this drunk guy who wouldn't leave and I didn't want a scene, just wanted to finish our set. So said "security please" into the mic and two bouncers grabbed him and they disapeared in the crowd. Then we finished out set and started to pack our gear out to our rides.

I hear this "Hey you ****ing ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***!" I turn around and it's this drunk guy who I got 86'd and he's in my face yelling at me. "Oh big rock star can't have any one on his stage?" he said, with everyone watching. Again this guy was embarrasing me in front of people. I let him yell at me, to be honest because he was bigger and older than me and I was a little intimidated at first. He called me every name in the book and I tried my best to explain to him how nervous I was up there and sorry that he got kicked out. So he yelled some more and walked off. Me being me, I had to get the last word in, so I said something like, "yeah, get your drunk ass home you moron!" and he turned around and shoved me hard into the side of the club. I fell down and got up and punched him in the eye, then when he fell I kicked him in the belly and he didn't get up. I felt really bad for our singers mom and aunt who were outside to witness that. I felt like a bad person for doing that, but the guy made me snap :/

Anyway, I went back into the club, I was shaking so bad, my legs were hopping from the adrenaline, so we ordered some drinks, got drunk and laughed off our crappy first show. We ended up having a blast at an after hours party with the rest of the bands that played that night, I got so drunk and stoned, I got really hungry and asked my freinds gf if she had anything to eat, so she brought me some saltine crackers, saying thats all they had. So there I am eating these crackers, cotton mouth so bad I could choke and we're listening to Slayer and I decided I was going to break dance for everyone to entertain them and I don't know how to break dance. The funniest thing about it was the other bands were asking my friend who threw the party where they found me at, talking about how retarded I was, but I didn't care, I was having a blast ^_^
Hey! I was that drunk guy!
Alright, the results came in today (the 14th) and I didn't make the bands. I really don't care that I didn't make the bands because I smoked a bunch of them just didn't do well on my scales or sight reading. I ranked 15 out of 28 in the state of West Virginia.
just out of curiosty, what instrument do ya play?

i would have tried out for All-State CO, but it was on a weekend that i had planned to be out of town. the music was not easy or anything, but i happened to use the same piece earlier for an advanced orchestra audition, so i knew it. if it hadn't been on a bad weekend, i think i would have made it.

then comes the tough part: auditioning for college. you can't mess up, because if you do, you could A: not get accepted, or B: not get any money to help pay for it. It's rough, but so so awesome if you can manage it.
btw, i play strings. B)

Edit: All-State is a highly competitive audition-only student musician's group. it's hard to get in, but if you do it looks GREAT on your college resumes.
I play Tuba. Now I have a year to play through all my books and get a little ahead so I can really let them have it next year.