Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's what the UN has in store for the US
There is a grand proposal going round right now by the UN and WHO (world health organizatioin). They want to
start mandating good eating habits for the whole world (talk about relativity) and penalize those eating wrong with a tax.

Summarily, if you eat fatty, fast food...you get taxed more than the long-hair eating the oat burger. MMMMM....the good old U.N....
this kind of looks like the only country having to pay this tax will be the UNITED STATES!!!! How many welfare laiden nations living
on subsidies would this affect??? NONE So here we have the UN looking out for the general health and welfare of the world?
Looks like they are trying to give us the dry hump again. God, why can't we, the US, kick those bastids out of NYC and say no more...
we don't need you...you do NOTHING for us but demand our FEES. If we weren't in the UN anymore, it would close up shop so fast it would
make your head spin.

Better stock up on the BigMacs.....might have to pay a little extra for that succulent special sauce.
Sounds good to me...but then again I am a long haired SOY burger kind of guy. B)
OH GOD Evil....you eat those???

Damn things cost like 5 dollars each.
The UN can go to hell. Bunch of pains in the asses.
I buy my own frozen soy burgers and they are cheaper. MorningStar Blackbean or Veggie burgers. I have been a vegetarian for about 4 months now.
I tried it back in college for 2 days....couldn't give up the steak.
I'm sure you guys must be expecting me to be pro this, just cuz i have been disagreeing on a lot of issues with tak as of late. I am not really for or against this. I more concerned with how they will enforce this tax? They say "overweight" but what if your muscular? I have an uncle who is about 6 even and 205. Hes not fat, hes just muscular. Come to think of it, this thing will never take off, basically they want to discriminate based on physical apperance. They are just trying to sugar coat the discrimination, if they want people to not be overweight they should reward the non overweight people. Of course that will never happen because gov't doesnt give money out easily.
i support immediate withdraw from the UN. we should be allowed to eat whatever the hell we want.

i do think it's admirable that you are going vegetarian evil.:thumb:
If i was younger i would have started stateing arguments about why i am against vegetarinism, now i support what ever causes humans have as long I see benefits to them, weather or not I agree with them. Congratulations and good luck with your vegetarian lifestyle evil, just make sure you are getting enough nutrients :thumb:
The whole vegetarianism thing started off as a test for me to see if I could do it for a week or two...4 months later and I find it is easier than I thought and more fun.
I hear it makes you a little gassy.:wacko:
COME ON?? Would you like this??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

...or this???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll go with the beans thanks...and if soaked and cooked properly there is no gas

B)
LMAO !!!:lol:
(That's great and all Evil, but I just need meat. Did I say need? I meant I want meat.)

Taxing our bad eating habits? I'd like to say it's a good idea, but come on. If you really look at it, all it's doing is taking more money out the pockets of the poor because the majority of them will always want convenience on the drive. The big wigs won't have to worry about it, it's just pocket change to them.

Besides, why do we all need to be forced into health? Everyone knows the planet's towns and cities are overcrowded as it is. If anything, we need the death rate caused from biproducts of bad eating habits to aid in population control.

edit :: Oh, and G's right. The UN is worthless. :(
Uh, Tak, you missed the point entirely. That is, of course, if you were trying to show good tasting unhealthy food. If you were just being a jackass and trying to convert a vegetarian who hasn't interfered in your life, well that's another matter entirely.

Out of curiosity, on grounds is the UN worthless, there must be some substance to those claims or they wouldn't--nay, shouldn't--have been made.
Do you guys honestly believe that the UN is useless because of a proposed tax?
In perspective, the UN is 'worthless' to the United States. It has never ever supported it
in any venture. All it tries to do is make every country an equal when in reality they're not.
Everyone likes to take a poke at the US because they are jealous. The UN lets such powerhouse
nations as Ziare and Cuba make policy against us. Humm...seems like other countries take
offense to anyone badmouthing the UN. United my ass.

AGAIN....you missed the humor Wha in mine and Evil's exchange. I know Evil laughed and that's
all that mattered. No one's gonna convert Evil of his choice not that they would want to. Jesus
Christ...it aint like i dangled a cigg in front of a newly changed non-smoker.

LIGHTEN UP!!!
I still think that the illuminati is behind everything. If so i will join.:P
I'd like to know more of these policies that cuba and ziare implemented. I would also like to know more about why you called them power houses. Was it just based on the amount of missiles they have?

I have always supported the UN. The implementation of the UN was to replace the league of nations after world war 2. The league of nations were supposed to help prevent word war one from happening again, but didnt do a very good job. The UN is doing a better job (hasnt been a war that large and hopefully never will *knock on wood*). The UN has done many diplomatic missions and always try to prevent war, that is why they didnt want the US to invade Iraq. You say that the UN has never supported any of your wars. Can you honestly blame them? Would you have supported Vietnam? Would you want to be conscripted into a war that you and your entire generation loathe? The UN's purpose is peace, the US has gone against it.
I don't know about Tak, but I say that the UN is worthless because it's doing absolutely nothing to kill the possibility of warfare. All it does is stretch the rubber band to hold everything together. Why are there always such high tensions? Cause everyone and their mom's allegedly got "weapons of mass destruction" hidden in their back yard.

Of course, I'm only being vicious towards the U.N. because I'm frustrated with what the U.S. administrations always does.

Coalition of the willing? Perhaps the reason nobody's willing to back us up is because we're no better than the next terrorist. "Surrender your weapons of mass destruction or we'll blow you away with ours!!!!" That's not how it works.

Scenario : You and an enemy are both pointing loaded guns at each other from within your coats with the intent to kill. Is he bluffing? He tells you to put down your gun, using his gun as threatening backing to his demand. I certainly hope you wouldn't be dumb enough to put your gun down.

Perhaps if the U.N. spent more time stressing this matter, and making a fool out of the U.S. administration to motivate it, we'd all be a bit more supportive of each other. That's how the U.N. should work. You don't get what you want with the prospect of a nuclear reaction. You compromise, and first of all you both show that you're man enough not to pose a threat to the other when you want their help.

Axis of weasels? Come on! We all know that the French in general are more intelligent and well-read than us Americans. If anyone's jealous, it's us. We have no friends that can actually do anything to help us(note: that can actually help us), and we're generally not as happy as some other countries that we ridicule. We're being bombarded left and right by everyone's blood-boiling opinions of what's going on. Most of us U.S. citizens have bitten the bait and are being reeled into the boat of Freedom Fascismo as we speak.

Personally I think the U.N. should get off their ass, quite pussy-footing around the whole warfare issue and demand the dismantling of all U.N. participants' weapons of mass destruction. Once we stop being terrorists, THEN we go and give a piece to those who refuse.

And by the way. When someone tells us no, generally the best way to respond ISN'T by cutting them out of trade talks. We're complaining about OTHERS being jerks?

I know, I know. I went on a tangent there...oh well.
:mellow:-_-<_<:angry:<_<:huh::idea::):idea:
What are you still doing reading this??? Go do something!!! Go bother your state senators or district representative!!!
:D
The peace only Saddam could give his own people. The peace of mustard gas and nerve agents
which killed tens of thousands of Kurds and Iranians.

Not everyone despised the Vietnam war. Not everyone was out protesting it. Just like the media only showed protests of the Iraq war...it made you think EVERYONE was against it. NOT TRUE. Kinda goes back
to the media bias we discussed. Over 60 percent of Americans supported us going to war. The Vietnam war was about us going over and trying to prevent the communists in the North from spreading. There were plenty of attrocities committed by the Cong against their own people, just like the minority Sunni muslums in Iraq during their reign. Yeah....the big countries in the UN avidly did not support the US going into Iraq: Russia, Germany and 'hack' 'cough' France. Oh yes...China of course. WHy would these countries not support us??? Hummmm? Maybe because they had been supplying them with very wealthy supplies like weapons, technology, nuclear materials for 'cough' nuclear plants. Iraq owed them all billions of dollars and STILL owes them. NONE of them wanted the world to find out who had supplied them with all these items nor wanted to have them default on the money owed. So...they used their power in the UN Security council to vote NO on Iraq invasion. Of course, we as Americans value the UN's opinions and went anyway. Nice to see Kofi Annan get his panties in a wad. WAIT....I left our friend to the North out...Canada. As said before, Canada is just France with a lime twist. I honestly don't know why we even asked for Canada's support. What could they have given us? Some Cuban cigars and a few mounties. I dunno.
For one, they still haven't found any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Two, back in the day, U.S. companies were the ones selling supplies to Iraq with the U.S. government's approval.
Here's a little shopping list of goodies(and a basic description) that we've sold to him from 1985 to 1990(Reagan/Bush administrations), compliments of a 1994 U.S. Senate report.

~~Bacillus Anthracis
Commonly known as Anthrax. After suddenly developing a high fever and asthma symptoms, you eventually get septicemia(blood-poisoning). Once septicemia gets good and settled you can pretty much kiss your butt goodbye.

~~Brucella Melitensis
Bacteria that causes chronic fatigue, loss of appetite, profuse sweating(when resting), pain in joints and muscles, insomnia, nausea, and damage to major organs.

~~Clostridium Botulinum
Bacterial source of the botulinum toxin. Enjoy vomiting, constipation, thirst, weakness, headache, fever, dizziness, double vision, dilation of the pupils, and paralysis of the swallowing muscles. Often results in death.

~~Clostridium Perfringens
Very toxic bacteria the causes gas gangrene. Kills cells and produces tissue that is uses for further growth. Eventually enters the blood-stream and causes a systemic illness.

~~Escherichia coli
E. coli, genetic materials, and human & bacterial DNA shipped to Iraq Atomic Energy Commission.

~~Histoplasma Capsulatum
May cause pneumonia, enlargement of the liver and spleen, anemia, influenzalike illness, and an acute inflammatory skin disease.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Reported by L.A. Weekly(2003) - Senate hearings and government reports

~~Caterpillar(1980's)
-helped with construction of nuclear program in Iraq($10 million worth of tractors)

~~Hughes Helicopter(1983)
-60 helicopters, modified for military use by Iraqis

~~Hewlett-Packard(1985-1990)
-computers for the Iraqi scud/nuclear programs
-radar/cryptographic equipment

~~Bechtel(1988-1990)
-helped Iraq build a giant petrochemical plant

~~DuPont(1989)
-$30k worth of specially engineered oil for Iraqi nuclear program

~~Kodak(1989)
-$172k worth of equipment used for Iraqi missile programs

~~AT&T(2000-01)
-paid to optimize Huawei products
-Iraq pays Huawei to update air defense systems

Stop by the nearest U.S. Supercenter now! Prices rolled-back while supplies last!
First, regardless of the media's portrayal, Vietnam was a dumbshit war. Second, ease off Canada a bit.
First of all, we have a lot of canadians in the war. A lot of the troops there that are part of your military are canadian, my cousin is in iraq at the moment.

Canada didnt support the war in Iraq, do you know why? because the US didnt have any evidence of weapons of mass destruction and like evan said they have yet to find any. I am glad they actually caught Saddam, but as far as i am concerned it is a small light at the end of a very dark tunnel. If the US is so benevolent, and they continue this invasion through all the countries that have evil dictators, then maybe i will be more supportive of their quest. I dont see the US doing that. If by some miracle they do manage to brutishly stomp through every single country that has an evil dictator, you will have a lot of people that fear the US. Fear soon leads to hatred. If thats not reason to hate the US, then seeing troops march down your street destroying many things in its path will be. The hatred of the US will just increase makeing it at a larger risk of terrorism or military invasion. If the US decides to stop at iraq you will have many iraquies hateing you because of the people you killed. Like Bush said, Saddam has ties with al Qaeda it is not unreasonable to assume other iraquies will have ties with al Qaeda . Now you have people that hate you and are part of a terrorist organization, i smell another 9-11.
whew. . wow. .uh. . this is a little heated. ..weren't we talking about food?
Yeah... but political issues are one huge tangled mass. The outright hatred of the notion that unhealthy food would be taxed is caused by underlying feelings about the UN, lifestyles, and taxes in general.
Basically, we all want to spout off our heated comments, but we're all too lazy to bump the thread so we post on the first new thread available. :lol:
I just had a sausage and egg mcmuffin....tax THIS!!B)