Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jabba's Travels
I'm not sure how long this will last, but since I got a new camera and am on the road alot, i'm gonna start sharing some of America with you guys, alot will be boring i'm sure but maybe everynow and then I will get something that will stir even beastie and lil face. Not sure I can stir up our lady, but i'll try from time to time.
I'm gonna start alittle early, at christmas. Just some stuff I doing in florida, hopefully they will get better as we go along.

ps. for those that don't know, I am a retail promotions manager. Basically self-employed and contract to retail stores/chains to handle their sales(my specialty being liquidations and auctions).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jabba luv if you need help posting let me know:wub:
I can't see the pictures for some reason or another, but I'm looking forward to it. I've always wanted to take a cross country road trip and see all of America, a fantasy of mine. Jabba thanks for sharing what most of us can only dream about right now, very cool of you buddy ^_^
I am wondering how much the red telephone booth was:huh: that would be cool to have.
I want that white leather chair thing, although it does look familar, wouldnt you say so wha?
There are a number of things in there I would love to have if only I had the room and money for them.
Heh, yeah, another of those would be nice.
telephone booth is 600.00, I'll try to get one and you can drive to ohio to pick it up.
this is the store after we finished the auction.

what was the last thing to sell and how much did it go for?
a whole corner of junk frames,file cabinets,metal chairs, went for 130.00 but they had to take it all,

:)I was dredding having to pay to have it taken to the dump.
I reduced the size of the pictures, hope you dont mind I was having trouble seeing them.....I didnt mean to reduce them so much...hopefully everyone got a chance to see the first one when it was big.
that would explain why I'm having trouble seeing a red telephone booth and white leather chair thing. . .

oh well, no biggy....er, biggie..ummm. . .right
The booth is in the left side toward top of pic. and the chair is actually in a camel color, is a swivel/glider/recliner w/ ottoman.
I flew to cleveland, the ice was scary.

this is the store i'm heading to.

i also just got back from nashville where I went to help for an auction, i'm sorry to say that this store had so much potential but was an extreme disappointment.

this is one of the most expensive clocks i've ever sold, it is #805 of 1000, 13 rare woods and 1 of them is in the white house, one of the true future heirlooms in the store. list price is about 24,000, actually sold it for 5700.00. At least this was a bank forclosure and we didn't have to eat the loss ourselves.

this is alittle off topic, but it was one of the largest oranges i've ever seen, my wife picked it while we were in florida.

we do like to have fun at the end of the day.

I did get a nice oriental rug out of the deal. from india/persian, and hand knotted. all wool.

My grandparents have a very similar grand father clock in their place. I dont think it was worth the same or anything like that, but it was strikingly similar.
bet jabba has a ton of cool crap in his house :P
That really is a big orange.
I ran into Janet the other night, and jeez, sure can't understand what all the hoopla was about.

I dont want to see this get forgotten on the back page :P
We leave for Ohio tomorrow morning, wish us luck and hopefully some more picks in about 10 days after we get set up there.
Jabba seems to have a really interesting life. I wish i could be him and travel all the time. One year i gotta go on a cross-country trip.:)
Here are some more, nothing interesting yet, except for where i'm living, the view is awesome.