Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need more admins on Holdouts.
The current admins don't play there enough or at all, it's kinda annoying having cheaters/hackers on the server. Hell, just now there were only 7(?) people on the server and one was wallhacking, another was using a script to buy himself an AWP on italy (restricted there).
Well i was just playing italy, frito was their who is an admin. Net is their right now. Did you get their steam ID's?
Just use the XXX thing like i do. I already caught 3 hackers using it. And a guy on ricochet aside from that.
what name do you use acid?
my CS and HL name is vadavaka
no weapon is restricted on a map that is by admin, so there had to be an admin there
frito is grape and is an admin, anon, asm. wha, netniv

I am not sure of others names on CS
also, if you are playing with us admins, please make sure to point it out to us. i'll be the first to admit this is my first time admining a cs server and i might not be looking at the same things you are. a little guidance is always appreciated and i'll do my best at trying to stop cheaters.
I was there too... I hate it most when hackers are so indignant. I'm usually an innocent until proven guilty kinda guy, but if you watched him first person the wallhacking was obvious.

And I'm not sure what good XXX will do for hackers/cheaters, because you'd just sorta have to take our word on it.
XXX doesn't work as well as it does in RC since the person reporting it has to know what a hacker looks like in first person. A lot of people will claim someone a hacker and he's just skilled. netiv was there and I guess he removed AWP priviledge, also said another was wallhacking after he made it quite obvious. NetIV didn't do anything so assumed no admins were on (or am I wrong and you left?)
are you sure you removed awp last night. I had no trouble buying it a couple of times.
Hard to take someone's word on a cheat, but if enough people say it, it is hard to ignore too. I do trust all of the rico crowd, but I am hard pressed to ban a regular without proof. My routine for reporting hackers is to get me a first person demo, if possible. I ran one such demo past 3 different players and all said inconclusive but might not hurt to watch still. If you have a demo that shows an obvious cheat my crew of pros will surely see it. Not sure why net wouldn't ban an obvious cheat. Someone who admits to cheating should be immediately banned if you know they are serious. Even if the guy wasn't a proven cheat a temporary ban to keep the game 'fun' would have worked.
thanks for the input guys I am looking into adding a couple CS junior admins
awp isnt disabled on any map unless the admin disables it..but there are scripts to bypass it and still get the weapon
I am still on the fence about restricting weapons...but in my opinion if it is restricted and you bypass it and purchase a restricted item...that is a cheat....see ya...Goodbye...ban ban ban
yes its a cheat..but dont restrict weapons forever:(
Heh. If I had my way we'd ban them, and unrestrict them when it's right ;-)
_Acid_Head_,Feb 10 2004, 07:18 AM Wrote:XXX doesn't work as well as it does in RC since the person reporting it has to know what a hacker looks like in first person. A lot of people will claim someone a hacker and he's just skilled. netiv was there and I guess he removed AWP priviledge, also said another was wallhacking after he made it quite obvious. NetIV didn't do anything so assumed no admins were on (or am I wrong and you left?)
netIV ? net 4 ? netniV!

Anyway, no I didn't, because I wasn't sure... as I was on the receiving end of the supposed wall hack, I didn't wanna appear to just be reacting angrily so I was going to leave it a few minutes... then the map changed and he left anyway. If it'd continued in said fashion, then yeah, I'd have been on him faster than my ex to chocolate.