Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new fix
The DMers probably know this, but for those who dont know the double kill fix is now on vads. For those who dont know what double killing is, that is when you shoot a decapitated body with a push disc. When the player spawns, they will fly off the map at incredible speeds. If the player is shot more then once by the same person, that person gets a point. Thanks to evil for getting it to work on the servers, and thanks to asm for creating it.

Edit: i might be mistaken over who did what in the DK fix process, please correct me if I am wrong.
Actually, it's not if they shoot the corpse more than once, it's if they shoot it close enough to the time that player respawns. There's a timer that runs when you get pushed with a disc, and that is used to say whether the disc or the player messing up was the reason they fell. If that timer is running when you fall, the person that hit you last gets a point.
as for the dk fix: netniv posted a pseudo-solution which was essentially correct first. i coded and tested the fix after wha motivated me to do it. it occured to me after i had found the flawed logic (or incomplete rather) in the code, that net was writing about the same thing. i thought it would be a good thing to do since all the fixes prior to that were geared to arena and my idea has always been to fix ricochet as a whole. anyways, i think netniv deserves a fair bit of credit as well. evil_admin of course deserves a tremendous amount because without his knowledge, experience and resources, all the fixes would be essentially worthless.

also, i want to point out that the dk fix (win32) was completed several months ago. it was done around the same time as the use key fix so i assumed that it made it's way into the last ricochet build. since i don't play dm very much so i never noticed until it was brought up recently. typically, i give evil just the .cpp files that i hack or perhaps evil copies and pastes them off of the forums when i post a candidate for a solution. i most likely neglected giving him the file with the dk fix on it.

anyways, i'm glad you like it:).
We do, and it works like a charm. Next step, spawn protection.

Wha is right about the double kill, it would be on a timer for the point. Usually when the 2nd disc hits, the timer is long enough for the point, but not always. Thanks again for all those involved, the dmers love you for it.
In essence you'd have to set a timer... though you wouldn't want to reuse the existing ones as they are already used to create buggy stuff. Haven't looked at the source fully and I don't have a complete set with the fixes in (despite asking) so for now I'll just be assuming that .asm is taking care of that bit:)
Quote:Haven't looked at the source fully and I don't have a complete set with the fixes in (despite asking) so for now I'll just be assuming that .asm is taking care of that bit
i was never asked for the modified rico source. and no, i wouldn't make that assumption...i have no time right now.
Is this fix (or any others) available to download? Mapping for Ricochet is my latest addiction, and I would appreciate any suggestions on knocking a few bugs out of it. I run a dedicated server on and off to show custom maps and the DK is one of the more annoying bugs.
In the desert I saw a creature, naked, bestial, Who, squatting upon the ground, Held his heart in his hands, And ate of it. I said, "Is it good, friend?" "It is bitter -- bitter," he answered; "But I like it." "Because it is bitter, And because it is my heart."
- stephen crane
It is very anonying, evil admin or .asm should have the fix for it somewhere. My footsteps fix is for steam which is a clientside command.
i gave a copy of the fixed .dll to sev's server and i was made to regret it...so no.
The dll for the windows dedicated server is here
.asm...why did you regret giving a copy of the dll to Sev?

just curious
My guess would be he asked for a lot of tech support. You could always do it and say here but your on your own for getting it to work.