Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coke or Pepsi
It is on now...
Neither, Dr. Pepper RULES ALL!!!! :P
I wanted to make a vote but it wont let me. So just say what pop is your favorite:PGwars opened it up to any kind of pop.
Oh yeah:D I was hoping someone would start a debate..thanks Nox...after last nights dialectic "is zero a number?" I was stoked for a little dialogue when I found out how deep all of you guys/gals really are. I hope no one was offended by my bantering I just love inciting that kind of brain interactions.^_^
I know this question is more "personal taste" but I was just happy to see something in the forum.
I personally prefer Coke products and find Pepsi products a little too sweet, but my latest addiction is to Red Bull and now I am even happier because they have come out with a sugar-free Red Bull. I haven't tried it as a mixer yet although I hear it is really good when used that way. (it's carbonated and comes in an aluminum can that makes it a pop...right?)
Actually, it's more a energizer drink than a pop...
I've seen surveys in which different parts of the country call soda/pop/soft drinks by different names, kinda like puma/mountain lion/cougar. Other than my father, I've never read or heard anyone call it "pop." We all call it soda out here in Cali...
Anyway, in my opinion, Coke is the best damn soda out there... and arguably has the best taste of any drink (in my opinion anyway, could be the caffeine talking). I like Dr. Pepper too... Cherry Coke...
I believe the term "soda" comes from when they use to add "soda water" to spritz up a fountain drink and "pop" comes from the sound it makes when you open the bottle
we say soda in the south too, pop I believe is a northern saying
Doesnt look like there are any Pepsi drinkers out there or at least they are too ashamed to admit it here on this forum...:rolleyes: instigator
Soda vs Pop, what is it really called? Is an entirely different debate in itself:)Let it roll. We say pop here.
The only reason I don't like the saying of "pop" is because it somehow sounds a bit juvenile, like a lollipop or something. Soda just sounds good to me. And I hate "soft drink" because first of all, what the hell is a "soft" drink? Doesn't soft usually refer to a solid? Second, it sounds like they're trying to be politically correct, like soda or pop is slang and might offend someone.
On the other hand, the fact that I don't like the sound of "pop" means nothing. It's just a sociological thing about regions, we all have different terms for different things, and anything we don't grow up hearing just sounds bad. So yes, it appears like "pop" is a childish way of saying it in my ears, but if I grew up in the eastern US, I'd be calling it pop and say soda sounds medicinal or something. I'll go back to the mountain lion thing... that's what they're called out here, and that's even what signs say if you go near the northern part of the San Fernando valley or get into Angeles forest... I can handle cougar, used to be my elementary school mascot (yes, we had a mascot back in the day)... but puma sounds terrible, it's what they call them in Florida and the south I believe (I may be wrong on my regions... help GRITS).
GRITS,Feb 21 2003, 06:41 PM Wrote:but my latest addiction is to Red Bull and now I am even happier because they have come out with a sugar-free Red Bull.
I like red bull too....the beer that is...its cheap and goes down like water...could u ask for more? Just got back from a nice "picnic" a couple days ago where we had 4 40s or red bull...then we went snow boarding...ahhh good times

AND ITS POP DAMN IT...soda sounds ridiculous
g-boy, a soft drink is a drink that's not hard... like hard liquer... now, I prefer that to soda/pop any day.... oh and to cure the soda/pop debate, I've decided to create a combi-word that sums up both... soop!
Well that makes sense net... but I've never heard of orange juice or lemonade called a "soft" drink, it applies strictly to sweet, carbonated drinks. I suppose that's the original meaning of the term and it just changed meanings.
I don't drink at all, so I love my sodas and coffees.
Soda is definitely more apropos in my limited vocabulary...probably has something to do with the "I'll POP you" that I heard from my dad when as a kid I tried to call him pop...dont think he was talking about a refreshing ice cold "soft drink".:wacko:
first, let's establish that coke was first introduced in my home of Chattanooga, Tn.(cocacolo bottling company, owned by jack lupton-family in the top 10 richest in world) and best mixed with Captain Morgan's spice rum(private stock only), and when economizing, segrams 7 or jim beam, (jack and coke if u want to fight). and yes coke was originally induced with coke(hehe). chattanooga is also best known for none other than the origanal tow truck museum(yes, it was invented here), krystals hamburger(again we did it), largest fresh water aquarium, and the bankruptcy capital of the world(per capita)
JABBA ?????????
Quote:first, let's establish that coke was first introduced.........
ok nice history lesson...it does kind of explain why Krystals carries coke products.....but do you like coke or pepsi products? and do you call it soda or pop?......... :lol:

you "established" and then didnt finish your thought :wacko:
btw I love Krystal burgers
oh yea, forgot, i am way the biggest Coke FAn there is. cracker test and all i go COKE
and i call it coke, if i want a sprite i ask for a sprite, yankees are all about the soda thing
Ah, we have those words because it could be something like "what kind of soda do you want/have" or "hey bro, grab me a soda, whatever you got." We also have a lot of the generic brands in this house, so it's not literally a coke... it's just some form of soda... but I also always call a cola "coke," such as some place that has pepsi... I'll ask for coke, usually they get it, but sometimes they say "we only have pepsi..." and I just sorta smile and I say "that'll be fine" but really in my head I'm thinking of calling the waiter a retard and asking if they think I'm gonna sue because it's a damn pepsi... I prefer coke, but I ain't gonna leave a restaurant for it...
reminds me of Jim Belushi in the New York deli, "no coke, Pepsi" skit on snl.
Oh no Jabba ....not the biggest Coke lover here....I take that honor...my whole kitchen is done in Coke paraphernalia and I too past the "cracker" test when Coke made it's way through town during the Max Headroom days. I touched the liquid to my lips and said..."I'm not drinking that ...that's Pepsi and the girl said you still have to taste the other one...and indeed I was correct and didn’t even have to have more than a drop of that foul tasting Pepsi pass my lip. They gave me all kinds of freebees for being so good at distinguishing the difference....which btw is why they have to tell you about it being Pepsi and not Coke at restaurants. Not just the legality of serving you Pepsi when you asked for Coke some people just dont like the taste of it. Pepsi sent out a letter years ago to the places that used Pepsi with the instructions to say when asked for Coke "will Pepsi be all right" it is also to promote the name of their product and get it on ppls lips (ewww) as common as other brand names...like Coke for any cola or Kleenex for any tissue. I agree with g-boy....I would never leave a restaurant because they don’t have Coke....but.......maybe my taste buds are too picky because when they say "will Pepsi be all right" I usually get ice tea.:rolleyes:
I believe grits has answered the question of coke or pepsi hands down, when no coke, its iced tea, and i agree(actually i would have ordered a long island ice tea).
True... I say coke for any cola... I hate saying kleenex or xerox though... I just say tissue and photocopy...
I dunno, Pepsi, is by far, way better then coke. AND it has pepsi blue
pepsi blue sucks, pepsi one sucks, pepsi twist is good
coke all the way...my dad still has some bottles of old coke...if you people even know what that is
I use to have 1L coke bottles that were glass and in the shape of a coke bottles it was a novelty item in the 50's My ex's mom gave them to me. Alas by the 1930's it no longer contained the "medicinal properties":rolleyes: so they remain unopen to this day. I need to go through some boxes and find them I guess..things freeze in the garage here in NE. http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp
I really don't like pepsi that much cokes better BUT MOUNTAIN DEW OWNS THEM ALL SIERRA MIST SPRITE AND VANILLA COKE IS GREAT TO
Lol.....pepsi blue...sorry pg...that stuff is rather nasty...
In fact, I believe it tastes like liquified stale gummy bears.
well with blue and sprite and others entering we have gone way off subject, so best taste is three olives vodka w/diet sprite
dissing my pepsi blue... i feel like the only fan-_-
pfft jabba
Anything cheap and that goes down like water is the best drink of em all. BUSCH BUSCH BUSCH!