Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheating Death
I don't know where you got the idea, but I don't use any recoil hack, AK recoil is fairly easy to control, much easier than m4 recoil imo. Most of the time I burst fire anyway.

On a similar note, I would love to see this server switch to CD-optional (Cheating Death) so people don't accuse me and we don't accuse others of cheating, I already have CD installed and turn it on when playing on certain local servers, it doesn't take up much ram or anything, easy to turn on, and very effective against hackers.
How does it work and where can we get it?
It's simple, the admins put CD on the server so it checks that everyone has CD on while playing, and people download the latest version of CD and simply turn it on whenever they wanna play on the server, CD checks for hacks or scripts running, and bans anybody that is using any. You can make it a CD optional server that tags people not using CD with a [no-CD] tag (not removable), but that usually works best on servers that are always populated (so admins kick the ones that aren't using CD to make room for CD enabled people).
I suck enough that I don't even have to bother d/l anything!
CD is something I have more faith in than VAC at this point, if only because I know CD and VAC is a bit of a black box. You can also configure CD to kick people out after a certain length of time I believe if you wanted to make it more mandatory but without stopping them from playing for a small while.
As much as I distrust the anti cheat programs, cheating death is much better then VAC. Just look what happened when they turned Vac on for a few days with steam. There were so many people that got banned and booted from games just because they were using stuff like hlamp which allows you to control winamp from within half-life. People were banned for 5 years because they wanted to listen to music while playing, and they also don't have a good way of fighting the ban. Heck they don't even tell you what cheat you were using.

I don't think cheating death has done that and I'm not sure if there are any other problems with stuff like that.

There is no real sense in putting CD on if its going to be optional. People will still cheat and get away with it. Just because you play with it, don't mean others will.

I won't be because I just don't trust the program enough. I have also heard something (which I haven't confirmed for myself) that if you have CD on and go on a Vac protected server, Vac will pick it up as a cheat. So just for that I am staying away from Vac servers and I haven't installed CD.
I belive the cs server has vac installed, at least thats the latetest i've heard. If its optional then I think that would work the best. There is usually an admin on and it would tell us people who are more likely to be hacking.
CD is updated frequently though~
dude, i don't want to get banned for five years...really. i don't want to use any third-party .dll that goes between the client and server .dll. it's just asking for it. if steam updates and the cd people don't get the full scoop, then you're banned because the latest aimbot hack that valve was trying to prevent uses a similar routine as cd. and yeah, i bet it's a pain in the ass to get reinstated.
bahh cd is shit..it doesnt allow alot of scripts which is retarded..stay with vac
.asm I don't know what you're talking about.

SS you don't need scripts to play CS.
CD is actually between the STEAM client/server dll's. In fact, you have to run CD BEFORE starting STEAM/Half-Life and it communicates with the CD on the server to say, yeah they have no cheats.

You CAN NOT use CD and VAC at the same time. I would personally prefer to disable VAC since I trust that FAR FAR FAR less than I trust CD.

From the CD Website Wrote:Unfortunately, the C-D anti-cheat system is incompatible with VAC secured MODs. As of v2.2.0, C-D can work with VAC supported MODs as long as VAC is disabled. Otherwise, C-D will shutdown if VAC is detected.

Also, how CD is better than other systems of Cheat Detection is in their method of analysis. Rather than just scanning for common scripts, they alter information about players etc. so that it makes it harder for cheats like auto-aim or radar, etc. to work either correctly or, in most cases, even at all. Wallhackers just end up with lots of transparent walls and no players to be seen.

It's this kinda of modification that I think causes it a problem with VAC. I say, drop VAC use CD. CD is safer, better and quicker!
What would you need scripts for? Buy scripts? It doesn't take much longer to buy things by just using the numbers.
it doesn't just ban u from the server, it perm bans ur steam id from all steam servers in cs..
daredevil,Feb 26 2004, 03:14 PM Wrote:it doesn't just ban u from the server, it perm bans ur steam id from all steam servers in cs..
It doesn't ban you permanently, it bans you for a year but I thought it also banned you from all of steam not just cs
WHAT'S WRONG ABOUT BANNING HACKERS?!
Nothing is wrong with it. Oh, and to be clear, CD doesn't ban, it removes a player from the game. If they turn off their hacks, it'll allow them through then.
whatever. . .as long as you're not playing with 'em while they hack
there are scripts "that i use" to improve your framerate\ping etc..there are also commands such as cl_bobup 0 cl_bobdown 0 cl_bobcycle which it doesnt make your gun model move around when you walk...cd will either change them or kick you from the server and force you to change it..which it shouldnt
I've played on CD servers and my network/framerate optimized settings haven't changed at all. Dunno about bobup bobdown stuff though.
CD would be better then VAC, we all know valve is behind the ball on a lot of things, and would be on hackers in cs. CD would be a good idea to make optional. I dont like the idea of making someone have it to play on the server. We are supposed to be more relaxed and stuff when we play cs together and it is for a break from ricochet. No one likes playing with hackers, but i dont want to GRITS to become the computer nazi either. I will download cheating death if the server goes that way. I just dont like the idea of being forced to do something. If we make it optional and their is a person who is playing really well, and is suspicious cheating death will put aside those fears. If their is a regular player who is suspected of cheating and doesnt have it, I think as admins we should tell them straight up that people think you are cheating and their is a high risk of kicks and/or banns. If the player doesnt want to get banned or kicked then I think they will get it to remove any doubt.
Your already forced to use something. VAC downloads and installs a module everytime you join a map, whether you are already on a server or just connecting. Requiring CD is neither here nor there really... most CS players who go on decent servers will have it, or willing to use it.

The way I see it is that your saying, have a metal detector, but allow someone the option of going through it or not, and if someone happens to be around then they might get asked why they didn't bother but just as equally could get left alone.
ok, if vac is disabled on the server (and this must be done anyhow to use CD), then i believe that we will have no issue with getting banned unfairly. but you have to remember to turn off CD when you go to vac servers just in case...especially if vac or CD gets updated. CD should shut down right away when you enter a vac server. why? because the CD people know that vac may pick up CD's presence and ban you unjustly for five years on all steam servers. CD uses the same way of interfacing between the client and server .dll that generally all cheats do. essentially, CD is a cheat but for good and not evil...lol...you're not preventing cheats directly, you are cheating a cheater using the same principles that they are using and that is why it is effective.

something to consider: if you make CD required of all your clients, you will attract mainly skilled players which we may not want.

given that, i say CD all the way.
go for it. . .then we'll know for sure that those with CD are not hacking. . .and those without, given their skill and suspicion levels, are.
its not so true, Cheats can get pass C-D too. My friend checked it out.... it didn't helped much
Shalk,Feb 28 2004, 08:14 AM Wrote:its not so true, Cheats can get pass C-D too. My friend checked it out.... it didn't helped much
I am not saying CD is perfect, but I am saying that CD will catch a far higher proportion of cheats than VAC seems to be doing. Still, there are enough people here WITH cheats (allegedly) that can test that theory out.
Like Sockhole? He wasn't cheating man. I've been watching and admiring his skill.
I like the idea of CD, I have it downloaded and have used it quite a bit, if servers require it I turn it on, no big deal.
_Acid_Head_,Feb 28 2004, 08:49 PM Wrote:Like Sockhole? He wasn't cheating man. I've been watching and admiring his skill.
The problem comes is that it isn't always so easy to spot who is and who isn't... I have NEVER had faith in VAC and I've made that clear to others before. I've said it should stop cheats, but I wasn't convinced it would. CD I have far more confidence in, but again dont' think it'd stop everything.
CD is a great idea. It was developed by United Admins which im part of. Im also part of Counter-Hack. In my opinion if anyone is getting called a hacker if u have CD on it will show if there is a possibility of them hacking or not. Its a relief for some of the better players.:)