Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam Release This Wednesday
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

Quote:Steam Release This Wednesday
March 1, 2004, 10:33 am · Erik Johnson

There will be an update to Steam this Wednesday beginning at approxamately 6:00am PST. Steam will be unavailable for the duration of the update, which is expected to last three hours.

This update will include the changes previously mentioned:

Offline Play
Account validation (via e-mail)
A new Half-Life 2 hardware survey
Support for purchasing games through Steam

The Steampowered.com website will be avilable during the downtime window, and will be updated as status changes.
So I wonder what will go wrong with this up date. Anyone want to make any bets that something will get messed up? lol

As you can tell, I still don't like steam hehe
Good thing I got other games to play besides HL mods to occupy my time while Steam is doing this.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Found this on the steam page this morning. If I have my time zones figured out right, it should be back up in about an hour, I think. Or at least they are saying it will be up in about an hour. hehe

Quote:Steam Downtime
March 3, 2004, 6:29 am · Erik Johnson

Steam is currently down for maintenance while we get the next release ready.

This downtime should be complete by 9:00am PST.
Once Steam is back up, there will be a Steam update available.

Thank you for your patience
Quote:Steam Status
March 3, 2004, 8:09 pm · Erik Johnson

Since this morning's update was released, the Steam network has been overloaded, causing many Steam users to be unable to login.

Until the Steam content servers are able to catch up with demand, some users will continue to experience slowness or unresponsiveness from the Steam client. We've been making some changes to the content servers today to accelerate this recovery, and we expect conditions to improve quite a bit by tomorrow morning.

Thanks, again, for your patience after this update.

* Gwarsbane Falls over laughing...

Everytime there is a large release the network screws up, its called not being very stable and having too many people trying to connect at once.
They now know the demand on steam and they still havent purchased new servers to help? :huh:
And its just like I figured they got DDosed

Quote:Yesterday's Update & Today's DDOS Attack
March 4, 2004, 3:12 pm · Greg Coomer

This morning at about 8:30 PST, Steam was hit by a distributed denial of service attack. For about two and a half hours, Steam and its games were unavailable to users. We have since fixed the problem, and player numbers have returned to a normal state.

Steam's content servers are still busy with yesterday's update, but for the most part Steam users have been able to get up and running without problems.

The new email validation feature has been causing some users confusion. Our network problems have caused the validation emails to be delivered too slowly -- if you are waiting to receive your automated email response from Steam, please give it some time. We're sorry if this is causing inconvenience; the delivery speed will be improved soon.

Let us know if you're experiencing any other problems.