Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Server
Do we want to make the DoD server private? Not enough slots and too many strangers. We got MORE
than enough peeps to fill it now.
not sure about that, maybe if we could get enough peeps from our main server, but i really don't want to just fight you all the time.
I just didn't like it when those 4 friends came in before... all had odd names and such and all came in same time, left same time. They were spawn camping mg'ers and one was a sniper I think. I am convinced they were cheating, just because of all the through-the-wall shots and that they racked up crazy amounts of kills. One would strafe left to right in front of a window without slowing down and would hit people on first shot. Now I know the german mauser is accurate, but not when moving constantly from long range. Anyway, we need to recognize and kick those guys at least, if not making it private. The only thing about private is that there won't always be people on then.
I agree if you are talking about when I was playing with you g-boy
they were camping at the spawn sites basically and we couldnt get to the flags even and he shot me through a wall also
I left because it just got to be no fun
In anzio they had both routes out of the allies spawn covered, which just isnt fair. I have been known to camp just outside some spawns to, but i have always left the other route open. I think that we should keep it public because we might actually meet some decent players like with the cs server.

Not as in talanted but nice.
i loved it last nite, sniper heaven
Which map was that caen?
Last night was annoying at times especially on anzio but can be dealt with. Banning needs to be done on people who intentionally tk. A bayonet is not accidental 99% of the time. Spawn camping depending on the map has to be defined.

Here are some other things that I reccomend

Since some of people here are new to DoD or have not played it in awhile I think friendly fire should either be turned off or limited. I don't mind it being on since I've played DoD for a few years and rarely tk. I think just having nade tk on would work best. It lets the new people learn the maps. Plus with nade tk on you don't have to worry about nade spamming.

Class limits need to be placed on snipers and mg'ers. I think part of the problem last night was most of them were mg'ers. My personal opinion is that snipers and mgers need to be limited to 2 per team. It's not fun if you get a whole team full of those 2 classes.

Again it's your server PIX do whatr you want. I'll play no matter what those are just things I've come across over the few years I've been playing DoD.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
thx for the suggestions....i will put them to heart.

i was banning like crazy in the end there...blam blam blam...
banning doesnt bother me....it ain't like it's gonna affect us.