Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball fans?
Draft and Play

I am plannin a B I G baseball year. And I am heading into it big, by signing up for a few fantasy leagues. I have signed up for 2 on this website. If anyone wants to get into another, I will join you. Let me know when you're league's draft is and I will sign op, too. I prefer the point style with all players available. But I am up for whatever. Let me know if you are interested or just sign up.

Beastie
what is the point of these fantasy leagues? what's there function?
Heh,

didn't see I had a respose!

asm, the fantasy league thing provids a couple of different functions for me.

1. it's an alternative form of competition... being good at fantasy league boils down to knowledge of the game, the players, and how your league scores its game. Also how to watch for trends in statistics, injuries, and hot streaks. Plus you need to know how to trade well and grab up unclaimed players right before the whole league notices them and wants to capitalize on his new success.

2. it adds to an existing enjoyment for the game. I am a baseball fan without a home team. In Vegas, where everyone is from somewhere else, it is nice to create my own hometeam to watch and root for on a daily basis. When I am watching a game between Boston and New York, I can know that my own team is affected by 3 or 4 players on each team, and I can hope accordingly.

3. New friends. Just like in our little community, I will get to know the players on the league a bit. They are watching just as closely as I am, their own players but subsequently mine, too. We will talk trades, compare teams, and we'll bullshit along the way. We will have a forum for discussion, etc. It is all in fun.

My season starts Sunday and I have 2 teams. I personally can't wait.

See ya on the server soon.

Beastie