Poll: Who will win the stanley cup this year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Colorado
0%
0 0%
Detriot
30.77%
4 30.77%
Toronto
23.08%
3 23.08%
Ottawa
0%
0 0%
Philidelphia
15.38%
2 15.38%
Tampa bay (they are 2nd in the NHL)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Dallas
0%
0 0%
Boston
15.38%
2 15.38%
New Jersey
0%
0 0%
Other
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the stanley cup this year?
Its almost playoff time and I'm getting geared for it. I'm gonna vote toronto but I am biased, but then again they do have a really good team, and their blue line got a lot better over the season.
I dont recognize any of those baseball teams so I don't know how to vote:lol:
I hope you are kidding GRITS... but just incase you are not, they are hockey teams. :)
Half of the teams up there have baseball teams. I dont think you thought that joke through GRITS. 2nd the baseball season hasnt even started yet. At least wait untill the end of august to start a who will win poll. (I think im up to 6 now GRITS:P)
ok I was trying to be cute...thanks for the wake up call anon

yes GB I know they are hockey...look at who started the poll I was surprised he knew half those places had baseball teams...hell I was surprised he knew there were sports they played with something other than a puck...:P

will you remove one of my "6" anon if I vote for the leafs?:lol:
Isn't that one of those things you wear to protect your genitals from injury??
Hockey is definately NOT a big thing here in the South. We had a club team
here for a year and no one but the rednecks went to see it for the fights and beer.
It petered out and moved to the next state where there are MORE rednecks and beer.
I know you're in Toronto and all anon, but I notice you only put up 3 western conference teams and 6 eastern... tad bit biased?

I know my Kings won't even make the finals this year (way too many injuries, most in the league, yet still have a good chance of making playoffs), so I won't be that bold. I'm kinda feeling Philly, but Dallas is due for another run, and my dark horse is San Jose. After all of that though, I pick the Bruins to avenge the Red Sox and follow up on the Patriots... maybe even lead the way for the Celtics (to meet the Lakers and lose however). :blink:
Quote:I know you're in Toronto and all anon, but I notice you only put up 3 western conference teams and 6 eastern... tad bit biased?
I know the east better then west, Besides I dont see anyone else besides colorado or detriot making it to the cup. I put tampa up because they are doing well, but they arent a playoff team, too young. I could have put st. louis up there, but I guess that slipped my mind. The bruins do have a shot, but im kinda iffy. I dont think they have enough veterans to pull it off. Philly has got a good team, no doubt about it. I think they match up if not better then the leafs size wise. I think the leafs have more deepth, espically with the addition of francis, kilger and johanson at the deadline. I think if the leafs can stay healthy, espically for the first round then that will greatly increase their odds. Last year they lost in 7 to philly (which could have gone either way) I think becuase of the physical series. The year before that they played the islanders and moved on in 7 and was a very punishing series as well. I think if they manage to stay healthy they will go very far.

Quote:will you remove one of my "6" anon if I vote for the leafs?
It would send you down to negative 6. But only because you know my one weakness <_<
go Maple Leaf!
I can still hold 1993 over Toronto :D
I hope the Leafs win soon, I want to see the madness on Yonge.
g-boy,Mar 19 2004, 04:17 PM Wrote:I can still hold 1993 over Toronto :D
There was some questionable calls in the last 10 minutes of the game. I think one of my favorite games of all time was the leafs vs blues when they clobbered them to move on to face LA.
Go!!... Detriot? :huh: eh whatever it will win :thumb:
Torontos gonna take the Stanley cup. Even though i dont watch hockey i know theyll win cuz theyre the only team i heard about so....nevermind. GO TORONTO ! ! !
I might be willing to go with you on the questionable calls (although I was only 8, I don't remember the whole game) if it was a one goal game, but it wasn't. And come on... Gretzky, Kurri, Blake, Robitaille, Sandstrom, on and on and on... Potvin couldn't stop that. This is, however, why I forever hate Patrick Roy... the Kings were the best offensive team in 1993, easily, and in fact for several years they were. But Roy is the only reason they lost the cup. And of course, the last two times the Kings were eliminated from the playoffs it was in a game 7 against Roy. That bastard.
Roy is super human. The leafs did have a strong offense team that year. The kings did have an amazing offense. Who did they have in net that year?

The kings beat us in 7 (correct me if im wrong), but i would take the leafs of this year over the leafs of 93. Although dougie in his prime would really be nice.

On a side note, It's hard to say how well colorado will do. I havent seen tommy salo play in the playoffs but i have seen him play in salt lake and I wasnt impressed. If salo isnt on his game then they wont do well.
The Kings had Kelly Hrudey in net... he was good, solid, but not a star by any means.

Yeah, it was in 7 games, but the 7th game was pretty much dominated by the Kings, game 6 was the big one.